• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mark Hyman MD article: "Getting to the Root Cause of MS and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"

me/cfs 27931

Dr. Hyman said:
Learn new things — try yoga, dance or a new sport. I like to get my exercise by having fun and playing, not by going to the gym.

In essence, exercising encourages your body to upgrade its energy factories. Interval training, for example, increases the efficiency and function of the mitochondria.

http://drhyman.com/blog/2017/05/08/getting-root-cause-ms-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/
(emphasis mine)
Dr. Hyman really doesn't understand ME/CFS, does he? How long do we have to endure this public "exercise your way to health" narrative?

And just how much interval training, sports and dancing should bedbound and homebound patients do in order to be "tackling chronic fatigue syndrome"? :mad::depressed::depressed:

Mij

Dr .Hyman claims he once had CFS.

"This topic is near and dear to my heart. When I was a young doctor, I suddenly got very ill with chronic fatigue syndrome. Every system in my body broke down. I couldn’t even walk up the stairs; I developed intense brain fog; and I was exhausted all the time. This is when I discovered Functional Medicine and created a plan for myself to heal my body of this debilitating syndrome".

Apparently it wasn't debilitating enough to stop him from throwing a frisbee around o_O

Dr. Hyman really doesn't understand ME/CFS, does he? How long do we have to endure this public "exercise your way to health" narrative?

And just how much interval training, sports and dancing should bedbound and homebound patients do in order to be "tackling chronic fatigue syndrome"? :mad::depressed::depressed:

Dr Hyman knows the way to Haiti, and all the govt money he took. Hasn't been back there that I know.

Carl

This is the mistake so many people make IMO. Did you know that light has many beneficial effects on the human body? It can stimulate healing, ATP production and can help reduce pain. Red and infra red light is the most helpful in this respect. Getting outside would be of benefit even if they had to were shades/sunglasses or even a sleep mask if their eyes were sensitive to daylight which is common with heat in the liver ie liver hyperactivity due to high detox demands. Getting daylight on the body would be helpful IMO. Most artificial light sources do not supply wavelengths of benefit to the body.

As to that Dr, he's an idiot.

me/cfs 27931

One day fairly soon such figures as Dr. Hyman will no longer be able to masquerade as 'Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' experts, and their efforts will be exposed to the scorn and ridicule that is only proper.
I hope you are correct. Then again, he's also masquerading as a Multiple Sclerosis expert.

RogerBlack

Dr. Hyman was supposed to be on the Dr.Oz show a couple of years ago when Dr. Lipkin was on, but he didn't show.

http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/it-s-not-chronic-fatigue-new-disease-causing-your-exhaustion

I wonder why. Didn't fit with his 'theory'?

http://www.bmj.com/content/349/bmj.g7346 I note.

Believable or somewhat believable evidence supported 33% of the recommendations on The Dr Oz Show and 53% on The Doctors. On average, The Dr Oz Show had 12 recommendations per episode and The Doctors 11. The most common recommendation category on The Dr Oz Show was dietary advice (39%) and on The Doctors was to consult a healthcare provider (18%). A specific benefit was described for 43% and 41% of the recommendations made on the shows respectively. The magnitude of benefit was described for 17% of the recommendations on The Dr Oz Show and 11% on The Doctors. Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest accompanied 0.4% of recommendations.

This is the mistake so many people make IMO. Did you know that light has many beneficial effects on the human body? It can stimulate healing, ATP production and can help reduce pain. Red and infra red light is the most helpful in this respect. Getting outside would be of benefit even if they had to were shades/sunglasses or even a sleep mask if their eyes were sensitive to daylight which is common with heat in the liver ie liver hyperactivity due to high detox demands. Getting daylight on the body would be helpful IMO. Most artificial light sources do not supply wavelengths of benefit to the body.

As to that Dr, he's an idiot.

You haven't factored in temperature instability...