• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Desperately need help! Back to square one...

@AkeBono First of all, wellcome back again.

Thank you very much @Notjustfatigue @Shosana for recommendations and kind words,
I live in Eastern Europe, we really lack good tests facilities here and no real knowledgeable doctors. In fact many of them left the country of retired.
I was thinking of an integrative doctor that can circle around the problem but any good start would help...of course like many here dont have too much money but Ill try my best for sure.

Do you have any experience with any of the doctors listed, maybe Josepa Rigau in Tarragona. I see shes a imunologist? that should help with histamine etc but do you know if she can help with gastro stuff or methylation...
There are probably more bacteria ...whats was found in my history like years ago is chronic Giardia (too late discovered) Ascaris, Streptococus high Clostridia...my guess is things are screwed up mainly in the upper intestines then SIBO colon etc candida...
Not sure about EBV CMV but the titters years ago were really high but tagged as past infection. I definitively hav an issue with sulphur reducing bacteria

Im not sure why but magnesium doesnt fit with me by mouth? Everything its fermenting...

Thank you very much @Notjustfatigue @Shosana for recommendations and kind words,
I live in Eastern Europe, we really lack good tests facilities here and no real knowledgeable doctors. In fact many of them left the country of retired.
I was thinking of an integrative doctor that can circle around the problem but any good start would help...of course like many here dont have too much money but Ill try my best for sure.

Do you have any experience with any of the doctors listed, maybe Josepa Rigau in Tarragona. I see shes a imunologist? that should help with histamine etc but do you know if she can help with gastro stuff or methylation...
There are probably more bacteria ...whats was found in my history like years ago is chronic Giardia (too late discovered) Ascaris, Streptococus high Clostridia...my guess is things are screwed up mainly in the upper intestines then SIBO colon etc candida...
Not sure about EBV CMV but the titters years ago were really high but tagged as past infection. I definitively hav an issue with sulphur reducing bacteria

Im not sure why but magnesium doesnt fit with me by mouth? Everything its fermenting...

You are so welcome. Its a real pleasure to be able to help as far as i can.

If you are looking for an integrative doctor, Josepa Rigau is one of your better choices for sure. I do not have direct experience with her since i have never actually been her patient, but i have some friends and lot of mates who are/have been with her and is a very good option really. She is very gastro focus (that is her very first target) and she also has a bunch of knowledge in genetics, so she would be real good option for all that genetic and methylation stuff. She makes Geneva Labs genetics test and she is so good prescribing a treatment in base of your own genetic.

As said in the previous page, for magnesium both transdermal one and epsom salt soaking are very good options. If you have some muscles or joints pain, i recommed epsom salt baths as it helps so much with them.

Hope it would help!!

Last edited:

Thinktank

Hi @Thinkthank many thanks for you answer,

I will try motilium again to see if helps but my main issue is I AM FERMENTING almost everything in the upper right abd. Any supplement medicine that contains lactose starch...you name it...Unfortunately Gastro here offered only limited information like "yes you have gastritis or stuff like that"...I asked the last one (paid privately from my pocket again) to test for malabsoprtion cause had it years ago and he said its not the case...chronic giardia or h.pilory or sibo do that in duodenum...

Ive tried also DULCOLAX tablets...same story...they reach left colon down and stopped...its unbeliveable...I think its a cecum disbiosis also but nobody can test it here...

I did have colonoscopy twice but they cant perfom it with the powder stuff...i was fermenting it like crazy got SUPERBLOATED and YELLOWISH FACE TOXIC and I could pas any gass !!! they finally did it with enemas ...it was quite humiliating...they dont understand a thing of fermentation stuff...my left colon got superbloated and no gas.

they only time i can pass gas is when i felt something is emptying upper right and then in like 2-3 minutes I can pass gas. I believe its from giardia stuff but i could be wrong...

Sorry to hear doctors have not been able to help you, i'm all to familiar with it.

If fermentation/dysbiosis is such a problem, then why not try the combination rifaximin/neomycin?

Have you tried eating low FODMAP?

perrier

Would you tell more about your experiences? -Here or in PM...
In particular, I am interested in time frames. When trying sthg new, I feel it is one of the most important things to know how long one should hope for effects... Currently, I am hoping. A lot ... :) :)

Also, I am missing discussion on this topic on PR! where are all the Gundry people? Sherpa, your post was one of the precious few that showed up searching for Gundry on PR. Maybe there is another website where people discuss how it goes?

Anyone interested in Dr Gundrys approach, this is the research on which it is based:
http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/129/Suppl_1/AP354
I recommend anyone reading this: it is the simplest, shortest and most information-rich source I found!
I did the adiponectin test (thanks @Emootje !!) and had whooping values: 27.6 µg/mL (2.0-13.9). And I have several TNF measurements...
Lolinda,
Did you see Dr Gundry? Did you follow his diet? his supplements? I'd like to hear. Thanks

Lolinda

J'aime nager dans le froid style Wim Hof.. 🏊‍♀️🙃
Lolinda,
Did you see Dr Gundry? Did you follow his diet? his supplements? I'd like to hear. Thanks
I followed his diet strictly for months. In sum, I am convinced that his diet is right but I did not profit much because in fact I was intuitively already eating like this before.

In detail:
Proof that I was already healed before treatment comes from the fact that my TNF was normal before. Still I tried the diet. All that I could change towards a fully strict version was:
  • omitting chilli and bell peppers
  • omitting grain fed meat
  • omitting cow butter (A1).
Avoiding cow butter (and replacing it with sheep butter) had an effect: a red rash on my belly disappeared. After eating for month like this, I slowly reintroduced foods and saw that there is no loss. I liked having done this experiment. I am convinced it is the way for me. But small deviations are permissible without offending my body, so I happily eat now chili, bell peppers and butter again. That red rash came back but doesn't bother me. I love butter :). In sum, I learned a precious theory that explains why I had such a peculiar taste all my life. I recommend you test for TNF and adiponectin to judge your chances to profit health-wise in return for your sacrifice when following the restrictions.

In short the simplified essence of the theory:
  • an elevated adiponectin means that you are a person who is offended by lectins
  • an elevated TNF means that you currently eat too much lectins
  • in case you can get hold of a casomorphin test: an elevated outcome means that you are currently consuming too much A1 milk products. for anyone from Europe: Ganzimmun in Germany does it.
(In reality, the above rules for interpreting lab results are not at all this black-and-white. Also, there is far too little research. So it depends on you: I was in a desperate situation and at that time, I had no much other ideas not yet tried... So for me it was reasonable to try inspite of having had small likelyhood to profit in view of my normal TNF)

Last edited: