• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV treatment trials in Nevada

redo

Drugs being used to treat XMRV in WPI's study?

Hi,

I assume that the WPI have begun, or have plans to begin with treatment trials of the patients.
But does anyone know which drugs that they use or have plans to use?

lostinthedesert

Killer, Clown, Priestess
While wpi is likely planning some clinical trials, they are in an awkward position until some confirmatory study re Xmrv and me/Cfs makes it to publication. I imagine that their current wave of testing will also be used to generate a list of Xmrv+ patients who may be offered a spot in drug trials. Still if they roll out any significant drug trial they risk a public $hit storm. I bet that initial studies will be small and well guarded.

Jenny

Someone on another message board has mentioned that they know someone who is participating in a trial of HIV antivirals in Nevada for XMRV, starting in June. Doesn't mention WPI though.

Anyone know anything about this?

Apols if this is discussed on another thread.

Jenny

hensue

:Retro smile: If treatment trials are going on I would like to know about it.

Anyone? Anyone?

redo

Someone on another message board has mentioned that they know someone who is participating in a trial of HIV antivirals in Nevada for XMRV, starting in June. Doesn't mention WPI though.

Anyone know anything about this?

Apols if this is discussed on another thread.

Jenny

Great news. Please post a link to the other board Jenny (if links are not allowed, then please PM me).

leaves

Thatt is so interesting !!
Could you please please please copy paste I can't open it ??

jimbob

ME/CFS84-XMRV+
I went on patients like me because I heard some were on azt and i might be trying Ral soon. the only reply so far is about someone called witchywoman who took azt not long after science paper published and returned to normal health. she was from AZ.

valia

Thatt is so interesting !!
Could you please please please copy paste I can't open it ??

Hi leaves,

that's about all it said, but please don't take it as fact, it was just what was posted on another board in response to the Dr Bell appeal

ukxmrv

You need to be able to be a member of the group to read the message. This is to protect the confidentiality of posters. To read the messages join the Yahoo group Eurolyme.

citybug

Didn't Dr. M say they wanted to do a trial of peptide T in the fall and they were waiting for approval of human study from a gov't agency? I think it was in the prohealth video. Just remembered there are transcriptions.

K

Knackered

I went on patients like me because I heard some were on azt and i might be trying Ral soon. the only reply so far is about someone called witchywoman who took azt not long after science paper published and returned to normal health. she was from AZ.

How long had she been on there before she posted about taking AZT?

jimbob

ME/CFS84-XMRV+
sorry Knackered, that's all the info I could get. the people on that site seem to me that their behind the times a little! I get this weird cult feeling when i'm on there!

jimbob

ME/CFS84-XMRV+
Zidovudine (AZT) and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
posted by witchywoman on Nov 07, 2009
I would like to report that after my doctor saw the results of the research at Whittemore Peterson Institute, he decided to try me on AZT. I won't look back - despite slight diarrhea and nausea the first couple of days of treatment, I started to feel an improvement after the first week, now it's like the fog has lifted from my mind, and I can think clearly, and I can get by with 8-9 hours of sleep. The pain has gone down to a very manageable level, and I have more strength in my arms than I'...
nov 7th is my b.d., must be fate!