• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lost Years

ladycatlover

I've taken part in an art project to try show how many years individuals have lost from their lives due to ME/CFS.

18198207_1048710125263014_2695863316244192048_n.jpg

More information on the project on the facebook page. Please take a look.

ladycatlover

I've lost 6 and it feels like a lot. It's sad to see how high these numbers are :(

Sorry you've lost 6 years so far. :cry: :hug: Given recent research you may well have a chance of recovery. :)

This project was started by a dear internet friend, including a number of other internet friends, and then friends of friends, so this is in no way a scientific measure of how long folks are ill. I guess it's more a measure of how people make friends :) and find comfort from them over the web. And so will tend to be bigger numbers... :eek:

Also the small numbers will never make it to something like this as for most people it takes so long to get a diagnosis. :mad: