• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IV saline 2 years on

perrier

Please indicate how much saline you take
Is it daily 1.5 L

Does taking 1 L work too

How about 500ml?

How many times a week do you do this?

Is there a worry about diluting hemoglobin?

Thanks

This sounds wonderful @BlahBlahBlah. I'm glad it's helped you so much! :D
Please indicate how much saline you take
Is it daily 1.5 L

Does taking 1 L work too

How about 500ml?

How many times a week do you do this?

Is there a worry about diluting hemoglobin?

Thanks
there's more info on my original blog post

http://blogfullofhope.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/iv-saline-for-pots-and-severe-me.html

I run 1L every single day, I find I start feeling better after about 500mls but the last half bag does carry on making a difference. I would still opt for 500mls over nothing but no less than that (that's going from what I feel with my body rather than as medical reccomendation). No worries about diluting HB, you just pee out extra. Good to check electrolytes and if your kidnsey are coping fine with the extra fluid/salt

hellytheelephant

Am happy for your improvement...and enjoyed your blogpost.
In the Uk we shouldn't have to go through all you have been through to get access to this- makes me so angry! but well done for getting it finally down to your persistence.