• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

did anybody notice any tongue thinning on the sides?

Research 1st

Severe ME, POTS & MCAS.
Interesting. Is there a name for this? Tongue Denervation/Atrophy perhaps?

I guess we don't tend to look at the edges of our tongues when healthy so we probably don't know the answer to be able to compare once sick, unfortunately.

Have you compared to other people, taken any photos, shown a doctor maybe?

Thanks.

Johnskip

Did it happen at the begining of the crasn or at the end
i

I noticed in the very beginning of my onset one side of my tongue got thinner I am positive as it is more veiny than other side it was notice this before I show it to doctors they don't say anything I also have indentations and it never gets any better

lansbergen

i

I noticed in the very beginning of my onset one side of my tongue got thinner I am positive as it is more veiny than other side it was notice this before I show it to doctors they don't say anything I also have indentations and it never gets any better

Does it tingle simetimes?