• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

March for science Protests

These protests are taking place across the globe:
"
Organizers portrayed the march as political but not partisan, promoting the understanding of science as well as defending it from various attacks, including proposed U.S. government budget cuts under President Donald Trump, such as a 20 per cent slice of the National Institute of Health.

Scientists involved in the march said they were anxious about political and public rejection of established science such as climate change and the safety of vaccine immunizations.

“Scientists find it appalling that evidence has been crowded out by ideological assertions,” said Rush Holt, a former physicist and Democratic congressman who runs the American Association for the Advancement of Science."

An example how some more obscure messages can get recognition:

"Signs and banners readied for the Washington rally were peppered with anger, humour and obscure scientific references, such as a 7-year-old’s “No Taxation Without Taxonomy.” Taxonomy is the science of classifying animals, plants and other organisms."

http://globalnews.ca/news/3397092/march-for-science/
https://www.theguardian.com/science...e-uk-supporters-join-global-march-for-science

Maybe in addition to Retract PACE - an additional message of
SCIENCE NOT PSEUDOSCIENCE
could be used in the #MM protests(?)..........if only they could get half the coverage this is getting.

Last edited:

keenly

But science is our only hope -

we need the scientists working on ME CFS to get continuing funding which fits in with the marchers' concerns I think?

But that is not the agenda for these people. The agenda is to quash anyone questioning the mainstream rhetoric.

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
I saved this first photo from a march for something several months ago:
EBM.jpg

This one came up for the March for Science:
upload_2017-4-23_14-51-22.jpeg