• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Garden of Life Food

Lotus97

It looks like they add folic acid so it wouldn't be a good idea to take it. It would probably be a good idea for everyone to reduce or eliminate folic acid consumption even if they don't have MTHFR or DHFR polymorphisms.

Lotus97

It turns out iHerb is having a sale on the Raw Meal. I totally forgot about this thread until I noticed the "folate" listed on the ingredients. I'm sort of confused by this. Does anyone know what this means? Is the folate actually folic acid or something similar to plant folate? I'm actually considering buying the Raw Meal myself, but I don't want folic acid. I don't mind plant folate though.
http://www.iherb.com/Garden-of-Life...lacement-Formula-Vanilla-2-5-lbs-1-1-kg/45317
*RAW Food-Created Nutrients are individually created through dual-organism cultivation which typically allows for the natural creation of known and yet to be discovered Code Factors such as Live Probiotics, Bioactive Glycoproteins, Bioactive Lipoproteins, Bioactive Enzymes, Glucomannan, SOD, Glutathione, Beta-glucans, Lipoic Acid, Essential Trace Minerals, Glutamine, Polysaccharides and CoQ10.

Lotus97

New Chapter is selling a "Coenzyme Food B Complex". I think the b vitamins are created the same way as the b vitamins in Garden of Life's Raw Meal (dual-organism cultivation). This is how they explain the process
http://www.iherb.com/New-Chapter-Organics-Coenzyme-B-Food-Complex-180-Tablets/68
† Nutrients are cultured in organic media that may contain: organic milled soy, organic yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), organic maltodextrin, organic gum acacia, organic orange and lemon peel—natural sources of bioflavonoids, organic alfalfa powder, enzymes, and Lactobacilli (L. acidophilus, L. bifida, L. rhamnosus)
♦ Probiotic Nutrients, exclusively from New Chapter, are created by the two-stage culturing activity of organic Saccharomyces cerevisiae and three species of Lactobacillus; acidophilus, bifidus, and rhamnosus. These beneficial probiotics culture the listed vitamins, organic milled soy, and food concentrates, creating 100% whole-food complexed nutrients that are remarkably easy to digest and utilize, while simultaneously offering naturally occurring phytonutrients such as soy isoflavones, beta glucans, bioflavonoids, glutathione, lipoic acid, and enzymes.

Adlyfrost

I know this is an old thread but for anybody researching these vitamins…. Just started taking the vitamin code 50 and wiser to supplement B's because my highly methylated B regimen (which includes all top of the line coenzymated B's plus sublingual methylcobalamin and a small amount of methylfolate) has been tearing up my stomach. I think I am so toxic right now I am not ready to methylate too much.

I wanted a multi that would provide food-based trace amounts of B's in a form I could convert. So far, so good. I only take one at a time. I take them out of the capsule. They taste like nutritional yeast rather than vitamins.

And because of the yeasty taste my body tells me to only take them when my metabolism is high, when I feel demineralized or when I am already methylating and not ready for stronger stuff like methylfolate. They are good after I have had diarrhea or feel depleted of nutrients and run down. Not good when I have brain fog, when I have a fever, flu, infection or when I have yeast problems- when my tongue is white, for example.

I assume the folate is folinic acid because it is from a food source. Everything I read on the internet confirms this. If anyone finds out differently, please post.