• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vote Daily Through May 12th To Help STOLEN LIVES - ME/CFS Win - $500,000 In Cash Prizes

Jennifer J

Does anyone have the brain power to read the privacy notice? Thanks if you can. :) I tried to read the privacy notice but can't. They require my name, address and date of birth to vote. I don't want to give that out if it's going to somehow end up on the internet. I'm tired of having this information show up on the internet and trying to get it taken off.

Awww, too bad @Joh. :( Hopefully a contest will come up soon that will include everyone everywhere.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Does anyone have the brain power to read the privacy notice? Thanks if you can. :) I tried to read the privacy notice but can't. They require my name, address and date of birth to vote. I don't want to give that out if it's going to somehow end up on the internet. I'm tired of having this information show up on the internet and trying to get it taken off.

Awww, too bad @Joh. :( Hopefully a contest will come up soon that will include everyone everywhere.

They do ask for your birthday and I just gave a fake one. I never give a real one for something like this. They didn't ask for my address, just my e-mail, so I voted. They do have my real name but I don't care about that, though you could fudge on that too if you wanted :whistle::nerd:

*GG*

So I voted. Didn't use my 1st name (someone elses DOB as well) and used an old email address!

Is there a way to get the Vote count, or are we left in the dark on this?

GG

Edit: Title says we can win 500K, but 1st posting mentions 100K. Which one is it?

Last edited:

*GG*

So I voted. Didn't use my 1st name (someone elses DOB as well) and used an old email address!

GG

Edit: Title says we can win 500K, but 1st posting mentions 100K. Which one is it?

Hopefully if we contend for this Contest, we do not lose out in the end! Do we need a special thread for this, or will this thread serve that purpose?

GG

We lost out on this one in the final days :( http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...or-bathrobe-heroines.49966/page-5#post-831566

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I am seeing a page that says, "Click on one of the following videos to cast your vote!", but has no videos. When I click on 'Vote Now', I see the same page. :confused:

Jennifer J

Jennifer J

@Little Bluestem, this is what came up that I voted on. Hope you can get it. If I remember correctly the grey that says voted with a check mark, originally said vote which I clicked on.

http://act.usatoday.com/submit-an-idea/#/gallery/60448207/

upload_2017-4-12_23-55-40.png

Comet

I'm Not Imaginary
I am seeing a page that says, "Click on one of the following videos to cast your vote!", but has no videos. When I click on 'Vote Now', I see the same page. :confused:
This happened to me too. But I switched from my PC to a tablet and the page loaded.

I don't know why this is happening. Maybe a privacy setting is preventing the vids from loading? Couldn't get it to work in FireFox on my PC at all. Wish I could be more helpful.

Succeeded in voting, though, from the tablet. :) We can vote every 24 hours until May 12th.

http://act.usatoday.com/submit-an-idea/#/gallery/60448207/

Thanks @frenchtulip for finding these contests and letting us know! :hug:

Jennifer J

Thanks @Jennifer J and @Comet. I am on a PC using Firefox. I don't have a tablet. I don't know offhand what privacy setting might be the problem. It is getting to be my bedtime, so I will let it go for today.

Hmmm...I don't know @Mary. I'm on a old laptop PC and using Firefox also. Gosh, I feel bad that you are running into difficulties again. Hopefully it will resolved or be figured out quickly.

Not my favorite person to support for anything. She wanted to sue this forum for moderating her posts, and is a complete control freak of the Facebook ME/CFS group she runs. It's an exercise-oriented group, albeit with heart rate limitations from what I recall.

I'd also want to know if this money goes toward funding her own art, since that's her occupation.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Not my favorite person to support for anything. She wanted to sue this forum for moderating her posts, and is a complete control freak of the Facebook ME/CFS group she runs. It's an exercise-oriented group, albeit with heart rate limitations from what I recall.

I'd also want to know if this money goes toward funding her own art, since that's her occupation.

I'm sorry to hear all this! I watched her video yesterday trying to figure out what the money would be used for, and, to be honest, it was confusing, all I could tell was that it had something to do with art. But I figured any money towards an ME/CFS cause is a good thing. I'll have to think about it some more now ---

*GG*

GG

Just voted again today, so seems like it is not 24 hours sensitive, which should help me in voting every day!

GG

Jennifer J

I'm sorry to hear all this! I watched her video yesterday trying to figure out what the money would be used for, and, to be honest, it was confusing, all I could tell was that it had something to do with art. But I figured any money towards an ME/CFS cause is a good thing. I'll have to think about it some more now ---

Thank you, @Valentijn. Hesitant to press like cause I didn't like to hear this, yet glad you posted it and liked it to thank you for doing so. I will have to look into this further. I didn't check it out, only read a sentence or two.

@Mary, I too would have figured any money towards ME/CFS cause is a good thing, yet I'm not sure. I'll have to try to read more about this and her to see if the outcome with her involved will bring more help to us or harm. Mary, I'd be curious what you decide if you want to share it with me or us. Thanks.

P.S. Kind of wish I didn't give my info to USA Today to vote, even though what I gave was not completely accurate. I perused through their privacy rights last night, and ohhh it was long. I was quite displeased and a little shocked with all the ways they can and will use it.

Edit: grammar

Last edited:

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Mary, I too would have figured any money towards ME/CFS cause is a good thing, yet I'm not sure. I'll have to try to read more about this and her to see if the outcome with her involved will bring more help to us or harm. Mary, I'd be curious what you decide if you want to share it with me or us. Thanks.

P.S. Kind of wish I didn't give my info to USA Today to vote, even though what I gave was not completely accurate. I perused through their privacy rights last night, and ohhh it was long. I was quite displeased and a little shocked with all the ways they can and will use it.

Hi @Jennifer J - well, I just looked up "Bohemiare.org", which is the organization mentioned in the video mentioned above - "Stolen Lives", etc. And this entity seems to do work with all sorts of nonprofits (it's still quite vague, to my thinking, as to exactly what it does!) you can check it out here, and look at their "mission"

I decided I'm going to pass on this one. It's so vague, and so many other causes are listed, I have no idea how much of the money would go towards ME/CFS. It's impossible to tell.