• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

trying to fill a injectable methylcobalamin script ... no luck. Any suggestions?

voner

i've called at least 10 compounding pharmacy trying to fill a high concentration ( 10,000 µg/ml) injectable methylcobalamin script. No luck, outside of a quote or $175 plus overnight refrigerated shipping costs. i'd love some suggestions for compounding pharmacies to try. I tried skips and McGuffs. the concentration is the issue.

my second question is if I can get my doctor to lower the concentration level of the methylcobalamin, I think I can fill the script easier ( this stems from discussions with the pharmacists I have talked to)... does anyone have recommended compounding pharmacies to try? price and Customer service matterrto me..

thanks in advance.

Mary

Moderator Resource
i've called at least 10 compounding pharmacy trying to fill a high concentration ( 10,000 µg/ml) injectable methylcobalamin script. No luck, outside of a quote or $175 plus overnight refrigerated shipping costs. i'd love some suggestions for compounding pharmacies to try. I tried skips and McGuffs. the concentration is the issue.

my second question is if I can get my doctor to lower the concentration level of the methylcobalamin, I think I can fill the script easier ( this stems from discussions with the pharmacists I have talked to)... does anyone have recommended compounding pharmacies to try? price and Customer service matterrto me..

thanks in advance.

I used to use McGuff's for injectable methylcobalamin, but my dose was 5,000. McGuff's was fine, I think most compounding pharmacies are priced around the same. I did not get refrigerated shipping, I don't think it's necessary. You don't have to keep it refrigerated when you receive it, just keep it away from light.

I've since switched to Bluebonnet liquid methylcobalamin, 5000 mg. per dose, and I take 2 a day/. It seems to be just as effective as the injections.

voner

@voner - Can you call your doctor and ask him or her for a source?

good idea, i've contacted the doctors office repeatedl and they have been no help. there must be some people out there that use injectable methylcobalamin....

Last edited: