• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Another Autoimmune disease treated with ABX

ljimbo423

I read the title twice and didn't notice the typo until you pointed it out.:D I forgot how to correct it, but I think only you or a mod can do it.

ETA- Thank you for posting, very good article !

Daffodil

i had a really good friend online who was dying of scleroderma that was affecting his lungs. he had been rejected for lung transplant due to hep c. he left the chatroom before i could tell him that i found out some people attain remission with antibiotics (i had subsequently read this on online firums). i had no way of contacting him and i am sure he has passed away by now. i think of him often.

he would often make me laugh with off color humor. once he came in with the screen name "pedrojumpdaborder" and ask repeatedly if anyone needed any yardwork done lol we didnt find out it was him until years later.

Last edited:

drob31

It's interesting because EBV can hijack b-cells and cause them to produce higher levels of IL6 cytokines, which could then trigger autoimmunity.

Pathogens > Autoimmunity.