• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phospholipids (Dr Eric Gordon)

Demepivo

Dolores Abernathy
One of the interesting features to emerge from the metabolomic studies of Robert Naviaux & Fluge/Mella were lower amounts of various substances in the body. There were reduced amounts of amino acids and phospholipids & sphingolipids.

I remember at the time thinking, "wtf are phospholipids & sphingolipids?" I deduced that they are fats and are involved in forming cells membranes.

Recently I found out that Dr Eric Gordon who practices in Northern California gives patients infusions of phospolipids.

So are there any logical reasons for doing this or is he trying it in hope or desperation?

Thank you in advance for any intelligent responses from the biochemists & metabolists amongst you.

keenly

One of the interesting features to emerge from the metabolomic studies of Robert Naviaux & Fluge/Mella were lower amounts of various substances in the body. There were reduced amounts of amino acids and phospholipids & sphingolipids.

I remember at the time thinking, "wtf are phospholipids & sphingolipids?" I deduced that they are fats and are involved in forming cells membranes.

Recently I found out that Dr Eric Gordon who practices in Northern California gives patients infusions of phospolipids.

So are there any logical reasons for doing this or is he trying it in hope or desperation?

Thank you in advance for any intelligent responses from the biochemists & metabolists amongst you.
Yes there is a very logical reason. Look into Patricia Kane's work. http://www.bodybio.com/BodyBio/docs/BodyBioBulletin-Phosphatidylcholine.pdf

kangaSue

Phosphatidylcholine (PC) from phospholipids can help with intestinal permeability issues. A slow release form of PC was having some success in treating Ulcerative Colitis and a higher strength formulation is currently in clinical trials in Germany but not yet on the market.

Lecithin enema is likely another option to phospholipid infusions.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/phosphatidylcholine.48439/

xrayspex

I tried methylation on and off like 8-9 years ago....was a bust for me....curious tho from time to tme about maybe trying phosphatidyl in one of its forms again in minute dose.....any thoughts on whether that would be worth it if the methylation protocol & b vitamins in particular were too tough on my system and still are.....worth it to try this alone?

Demepivo

Dolores Abernathy
I tried methylation on and off like 8-9 years ago....was a bust for me....curious tho from time to tme about maybe trying phosphatidyl in one of its forms again in minute dose.....any thoughts on whether that would be worth it if the methylation protocol & b vitamins in particular were too tough on my system and still are.....worth it to try this alone?

Difficult to know. Robert Naviaux & Ron Davis have both suggested that you cause more problems by supplementing too much too soon.

Regarding methylation, lots of people are enthusiastic I've not seen any convincing evidence that it works. Although everything I've read has been incomprehensible.

Personally, I'm holding back until I get more information & updates from my contact.

It is possible to spend your entire income on supplements based on anecdotes with no guarantee of success.

Last edited:

xrayspex

It is possible to spend your entire income on supplements based on anecdotes with no guarantee of success.

ha I hear that, I have spent buckets of money on buckets of supplements over many years...................!

thanks for thoughts on phosphatidyl---suppose I could always try homeopahtic amount again but pretty sure how it would play out given my track record ....

Last edited: