• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

public authority accountability bill

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
“Public Authority”: means any national or local government department, or other organization, institution or agency engaged in functions of a public nature. The definition includes entities with a private structure but which are majority owned by public funds. “Public authority” is to be given an inclusive meaning where any dispute arises before a court.
“Public servants and officials”: means all those who work for or hold office under a public authority. “Public servants and officials” is to be given an inclusive meaning where any dispute arises before a court.
The duties in sections 1 and 2 shall apply to a private entity or individual as they apply to a public authority, public servant or official where the relevant activity:
a. Is delegated or contracted from a public authority which would otherwise be covered by this Act.

EDIT: source

http://www.thehillsboroughlaw.com/

Yogi

I was reading the guardian this morning and came across this story.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...imprison-police-officers-who-are-not-truthful

It talks about 1. imprisonment of public officials who mislead including to media and 2. providing same legal funding to those injured or killed by the public authority in inquests.

I have always thought and said there were big parallels between Hillsborough scandal and the ME scandal.

I had not specifically read about the "public authority (accountability) bill".

So I did a Google search and all the results are about Hillsborough except the 7th hit which pleasantly surprised me was about ME and this US based forum. Try it.

Very interesting Google result!!

Thanks @TiredSam -Great minds think alike.!

We need to keep an eye on this bill when it becomes law. It may be very helpful for justice!

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
@Yogi thanks for tagging me and alerting me to the guardian article, I'd forgotten all about this thread. I've always been interested in following Hillsborough, since I watched the police videos and read the transcripts from the police control room as a trainee solicitor in 1989. It was obvious then that it was all down to Duckenfield, and scandalous that it has taken 28 years for that to be acknowledged. How long will ME sufferers have to wait?