• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Australian Senator advocating for PWME

Kyla

ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ
Thought the Aussie patients might be interested to see this video.
It seems you have a passionate and well informed advocate in your corner.

I don't know much (anything) about Australian politics so I won't try to put this in context.
Any Australians know the context of this video or any info on this Senator and his involvement with ME?

Woolie

What kiwi friends, @Snow Leopard?

But in all honesty, I don't really like the term. Its heavily laden with class stereotypes (a bit like the UK word chavs).
So I say - let's take the word "bogan" from the gutters and use it with pride!

Je suis Bogan! :D

AndyPandy

Making the most of it
For anyone who is interested, Senator Ludlam is appearing on Kitchen Cabinet next week on ABC TV Thursday night at 8pm.

For those who haven't seen it, Kitchen Cabinet is a program where political reporter Annabel Crabb conducts "soft" interviews with politicians over a meal in their homes.

I'm interested in finding out more about this politician who has been championing our cause.

Hilary

Scott Ludlam looks as though he's being admirably persistent - and homing in on the issues that make a difference. In the earlier video he very accurately observed that far too many people have been getting by on 'bugger all'.:(.