• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone else get hard lumps in the armpit?

Thanks Ritto. Interesting to hear the result of your biopsy. Sorry you have had to deal with this though. Is this breast tissue lump one that could change over time or is it a benign lump mainly or more commonly in regard to breast tissue lumps?
I was told that it is benign but it has got larger, commensurate with the the weight that I have gained. I have had it for over 30 years.

Forbin

I had a pain in my armpit a few months ago. I could feel what felt like a "skin tag," but it seemed to be rooted in a painful "lump." Anyway, I asked my dermatologist to remove the skin tag and a few weeks later the painful lump disappeared. I'm not quite sure if the lump was part of the skin tag, or if the lump simply increased the chances of a skin tag developing. I've had various lumps (some painful, others not) come and go in my armpits since ME began. Might be coincidence, but I never noticed them before that.

rosie26

Has anyone here had lumps come up on the sole of the foot ? I've got a lump just down from my little toe at the side of the foot on the sole (feels like a joint there or bone at the side). It was aching when I woke up one morning a few days ago. I noticed yesterday there looks like a lump on my other foot in the same place. I will go to the doctor about this. Would this be gout or enthesitis? My feet feel sore to walk on. My sleep hasn't been good for the last week and feel like there is some extra immune activation.

I also wondered if I may have picked up something from the hospital after walking into the toilets barefoot (realized my mistake when it was too late).

I've had this lump on my right foot for over 2 weeks.

Kati

Patient in training
Has anyone here had lumps come up on the sole of the foot ? I've got a lump just down from my little toe at the side of the foot on the sole (feels like a joint there or bone at the side). It was aching when I woke up one morning a few days ago. I noticed yesterday there looks like a lump on my other foot in the same place. I will go to the doctor about this. Would this be gout or enthesitis? My feet feel sore to walk on. My sleep hasn't been good for the last week and feel like there is some extra immune activation.

I also wondered if I may have picked up something from the hospital after walking into the toilets barefoot (realized my mistake when it was too late).

I've had this lump on my right foot for over 2 weeks.
Hi Rosie, it could be warts, it could be rheumatologic, it could be other things. Like lumps in the armpits, some are benign and some are more serious, do not feel reassured because 80% (pick a number) of the folks here said theirs were benign. Please take your parts to the doctor and get it looked at.

Best wishes, Kati

Last edited:

rosie26

Hi Rosie, it could be warts, it could be rheumatologic, it could be other things. Like lumps in the armpits, some are benign and some are more serious, do not feel reassured because 80% (pick a number) of the folks here said theirs were benign. Please take your parts to the doctor and get it looked at.

Best wishes, Kati
Yes, thanks @Kati :)

I saw my doctor today and he made me smile when he took both my feet in his hands, :D one at a time and had a good look at all the lumps (3. 2 lumps the same and 1 different). It was great timing today because he had no patients after me so he spend a good amount of time with me which is so rare now. I don't like these 10 minutes consults that we get these days. Bring back the good 20 minute appointments.

He wasn't concerned with the different lumps on my feet. He'd seen them before with other patients. Amazing though, the lumps were something different from the other one. I wished I had written the names down but we were talking about President Trump and other things at the same time. :lol:

Anyway I feel relieved but I still don't like that I am getting these things when I never had problems like this before.