• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Transfer Factor Overstimulation Reaction

Have you experienced overstimulation from treatment? What did you do?

i have recently been diagnosed with re-active EBV and CFS. My doctor gave me a supplement called Enhanced transfer factor by Vital Health Options. This TF has added herbs and mushrooms. She told me to take two pills a day. I can't be sensitive, so I took one pill. It made me feel lightheaded, and then like I had so much energy I didn't know what to do with it all. I could not mentally focus and was really anxious. It also made my arm and leg muscles cramp up terribly and my bones ached. It felt like I had lifted some serious weights at the gym. The pain meds didn't phase it. Even the next day, my muscles hurts and were extra tense, and my bones hurt, but as a bonus, I had a normal amount of energy!
It seems like my body is missing a link or something.
I will try 1/2 pill after I feel back to normal. I think an Epsom bath might help.

maybe some day

I havent tried it..but I would agree with you on starting out with half pill. Its possible too that particular supplement may not be a good fit for you. Seems whatever we take there is an unpleasant side effect. Be opened minded that your body may do best on its own without all the herbs and such. There isnt a cure for it, so accepting, adjusting, and body comfort, is going to be your best treatment.

Dechi

I haven't either but after 2 years of trying so many things, I am reluctant to try anything now, especially if at a full dose. I vote for 1/4 pill to start with, and slowly increasing, so you maximize your chances of success. Slowly is the key.

CFS_Kristin

Have you experienced overstimulation from treatment? What did you do?

i have recently been diagnosed with re-active EBV and CFS. My doctor gave me a supplement called Enhanced transfer factor by Vital Health Options. This TF has added herbs and mushrooms. She told me to take two pills a day. I can't be sensitive, so I took one pill. It made me feel lightheaded, and then like I had so much energy I didn't know what to do with it all. I could not mentally focus and was really anxious. It also made my arm and leg muscles cramp up terribly and my bones ached. It felt like I had lifted some serious weights at the gym. The pain meds didn't phase it. Even the next day, my muscles hurts and were extra tense, and my bones hurt, but as a bonus, I had a normal amount of energy!
It seems like my body is missing a link or something.
I will try 1/2 pill after I feel back to normal. I think an Epsom bath might help.

Transfer factor wayyyy overstimulated me....I could barely handle 1/9th of a pill. I got a lift and then would crash hard.

Transfer factor wayyyy overstimulated me....I could barely handle 1/9th of a pill. I got a lift and then would crash hard.
I decided to take some vitamins to try to fill any nutritional deficiencies, change my diet, and take a few of the extracts in the Transfer Factor. I cannot even take the vitamins everyday or too many at a time or I get the anxious vibrating. Yuck! I am afraid that my doc is going to recommend anti-virals. I really don't want that.

It happens with the initial dosages, body reacts weirdo and pain sustains. Good to hear reducing dosage is helping you out. Keep calm and carry on…it will help slowly