• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"They took Karina and made her sick" Danish newspaper article

"They came with eight officers," said Ketty Hansen and remembers back and 12 February 2013.
It was the day when she and Per Hansen saw their daughter for the last time in several years. She was forcibly removed. Carried out the front door, while her parents were detained in the backyard and could not say goodbye.

"Afterwards there was just a note on the dresser, which stated that they had removed her Hammel Neuro Center," says Per Hansen.

Strong emotions raging through the two parents as they talk about their experience of the treatment her daughter have received both before and after the forced removal. Despite the strong feelings they tell you in the tranquility of the voice on the level, where for a long time were denied access to their daughter. And her daughter was unable to contact them.

Today Karina back home. Fredericia doctor Stig Gerdes has stepped her medication down, according Ketty and Per had clear beneficial effect on Karina.
Google translate, Danish to English, http://bit.ly/2mdrfKC

Original URL http://fredericia.lokalavisen.dk/de-tog-karina-og-gjorde-hende-syg-/20170301/artikler/703079993/2023

*GG*

Wonder if there is any Video of this encounter? Seems like that could be very powerful in Instituting change! Something for this community to consider, perhaps people could consider doing this. Of course it would probably require a Healthy person who is friend of family,, close by and able to come quickly.

Do Not know if they give much advance notice of such events? Wouldn't think so.

Hajnalka

Liked the article, but not this little disclaimer next to it:
Karina's illness and the circumstances of her admissions are complicated and interpreted differently by the involved healthcare professionals and Karina's family. In the article reproduced Ketty and Per Hansen's version shortened.
Local newspaper has been in contact with Karina's legal guardian, Kaj Stendorf that in several contexts has been strongly disagree with Ketty and Per Hansen.
Kaj Stendorf announces that he has followed the treatment plan and also no observation. He does not answer whether he stands in the way of Ketty and Pers desire to have Karina examined and / or treated by foreign experts.

Wonder if there is any Video of this encounter?
Don't know about this. In "voices from the shadows" is an audio from the abduction of Sophia Mirza from her home, it's horrible.

Solstice

I am so glad Unrest later this month will have its European premiere in Copenhagen, Denmark. As far as I know the Karina-case is mentioned in the documentary?

Hope the event will attract a lot of journalists.

It seems there will be a debate about ME "with experts" after one of the viewings. Curious to know who will be in the panel...

Can't imagine Per Fink getting an invite, though it might be good giving him the third degree.

Hajnalka

These are human rights violations. Where are the human rights organizations regarding the treatment of people with ME/CFS?
Absolutely true!! But wasn't there a human rights lawyer involved in Karina's release (think I read something somewhere, sorry forgot the details)?

Mohawk1995

We knew we faced the same potential problem with our son and his illness. We were seeking treatment for his ME/CFS at the same time that Justina Pelletier was taken from her parents by Physicians and Social Workers. She was suffering from Mitochondrial Disease/ME/CFS. Labeled as a psychiatric patient and spent 16 months of hell in a Children's hospital.

We endured our own, but not near as painful, journey having to argue face to face with Presidents of Insurance Companies, My own HR Vice President, Physicians from a hospital that labeled Dr Lerner as a quack and more. We decided that as our son was so close to being 18 years old, we would wait for that and allow him to make his own decision moving forward.

This is both a human rights issue for the child as well as a Parental Rights issue for the parents. Unfortunately on both sides of the fence well meaning and loving parents are being undermined by those who believe it is the governments duty to parent the child or those who believe the child can "parent themselves".

We have friends whose niece (that they are more than willing to raise) is being handed over to the "birth father" who has taken no responsibility for his actions while at the same time children are being taken from loving and caring parents/caregivers and handed over to the "state". It is a mixed up world indeed!

I hope and pray that Karina is reunited with her parents soon and whoever is making these decisions is held accountable for them. Very sad when it comes to this.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
It seems there will be a debate about ME "with experts" after one of the viewings. Curious to know who will be in the panel...

Wish I had a good feeling on reading that. I think it was the word 'expert'.

Quite possible it will turn out to be good and many points be made clear about what is true. But just reading that, well, til I know better, I have concerns. The film itself is not an explication of science data but of stories--easily hijacked and debated with disingenuous psychobabble that is devoid of meaning but spoken with an air of authority.

I do hope though that for many there the film will speak for itself and that the psychobabble (should there be any afterward) will be heard through a more critical mindset.

Kalliope

Wish I had a good feeling on reading that. I think it was the word 'expert'.

Quite possible it will turn out to be good and many points be made clear about what is true. But just reading that, well, til I know better, I have concerns. The film itself is not an explication of science data but of stories--easily hijacked and debated with disingenuous psychobabble that is devoid of meaning but spoken with an air of authority.

I do hope though that for many there the film will speak for itself and that the psychobabble (should there be any afterward) will be heard through a more critical mindset.
In the Danish version of the programme, it also says that the director will come. If Jen Brea manages the trip all the way to Denmark and is able to participate, I'm sure all is in very capable hands and I do hope she (or her team) has a lot to say regarding which experts to sit in that panel.

I still haven't seen any names for the panel - perhaps because it's not decided yet?

Diwi9

Administrator
  • False imprisonment
  • fraud for financial gain
  • grievous bodily harm
  • deliberate poisoning
  • torture
that's what the scum who did that to her should be charged with and then imprisoned for rest of their miserable arrogant vicious cowardly lives

I agree with your list of violations. The starting place in medicine is supposed to be: "First, do no harm." It's almost hard to believe that in the 21st Century sadism is being heralded as science and rewarded.

SilverbladeTE

I agree with your list of violations. The starting place in medicine is supposed to be: "First, do no harm." It's almost hard to believe that in the 21st Century sadism is being heralded as science and rewarded.

Alas, Evil has no race, creed or colour, or specific era :/
Pharmaceutical corporations and many others commit terrible crimes.

People are people...another of my oft repeated sayings
people's behaviour as children shadows them through life, so if you have selfish or outright sociopathic kids who bully and abuse others, especially when their parents or social system support and encourage that kind of foulness (see the UK's absolutely vile "Establishment" and the "Oxbridge" culture etc)
....then you get powerful, malign adults in charge of corporations, banks, government, and, some are doctors, lawyers, police etc

another factor that creates "evil" is too many folk start believing the very pernicious lying evil of:
"The ends justify the means"
so they believe exactly as the Inquisition did, that they have to take control of Karina and others, force them to admit their sins, admit they are making it all up!
scourge and purge to drive the demons out!

all the same cowardly stupid inhuman crap time after time :/

the ONLY way you ever stop a bully is by force, you cannot reason with them (note "force" doesn't have to mean "violence", it is the application or threat of superior strength of arms or will. The Law is or should be a sane moderate form of "force")
the Law should stop them but too often, the Establishment has corrupt links and won't stop criminal doctors, hence the two biggest mass murderers in history were both English G.P.s!

Diwi9

Administrator
@SilverbladeTE - The only research studies ME psychologists need to examine are Zimbardo's. Some of his research crossed the ethical line, but it developed our understanding of power dynamics and evil.