• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MTHFR and Overmethylation

Hi,

I have chronic fatigue and recently tested for MTHFR and found that I have a mutation.

I think I am overmethylated. My libido is almost zero. I have no motivation at all.

What supplements should I use to increase my histamine?

i have recently been suffering from overmethylation and i started to take 50mg niacin (nicotinic acid - the flush type). i am not even on a methylation protocol anymore so am having to think what is driving this ( a very stressful year from mid year last year?i am also on ndt for hypothyroidism and bhrt for menopause) . i was taking the nicotinic acid every few hours until i felt better. i still haven't flushed after taking it but definitely feel better. my heart palps have stopped. i had tried adrenal cortex ( i was on adrenal support for a couple of years when first ill) during the day as i thought it was low cortisol but felt weird after the frist day of taking it. i read somewhere that if you don't flush you are overmethylated, if you flush slightly you are ok methylation wise and if you flush very uncomfortably, then you are undermethylated. i actually slept through the night for 9 hours. i had been waking up after a few hours sleep for a few weeks until yesterday's trial of niacin.