• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fever Therapy

drob31

I came across some interesting threads about Fever Therapy, which is kind of the opposite of Cold Thermogenesis. In any case, the theory is that you bring your body temperature up to a controlled fever for a short period of time, and do this repeatedly over weeks/months while taking some days off. This is supposed to kill off bacteria like Lyme and possibly other viruses or co-infections. Anyway I thought I would share this since some people seemed to have success with it:

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/ly...t/420075-how-i-used-fever-therapy-for-my-cure

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/ly...upport/381563-heat-lyme-hates-heat-loves-cold

IreneF

Fever therapy was used until the 1940s, when antibiotics came into use. Doctors would infect someone with malaria to kill off syphilis, for example. Seems like out of the frying pan . . . .

Personally, I'd rather take antibiotics.

drob31

Fever therapy was used until the 1940s, when antibiotics came into use. Doctors would infect someone with malaria to kill off syphilis, for example. Seems like out of the frying pan . . . .

Personally, I'd rather take antibiotics.

Anecdotally, one of the thread starters said "Dr. says that antibiotics ability to destroy the Lyme is multiplied by 16 times by doing the fever therapy"

valentinelynx

I've read of people going to Germany to have this done. Including Yolanda Foster (now Hadid) the Real Wives of Beverly Hills star who made big news about having Lyme disease in the past year. A lot of people go to the St Georg Klinik. Not saying it's a good thing to do, but a lot of desperate people seem to give it a try.

Belbyr

I went to a place in Reno that does this. I did oral antibiotics for a year. Then IV&oral for 2.5 years. Then after that failed tried doing 'fever' therapy along with ozone for about 6 months.

Still sick and no better. Determined I most likely don't have lyme and just have POTS/CFS...