• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

An Update on ME/CFS Research with Ronald W. Davis, PhD

Nickster

Hi guys,

Here it is-the research update! Enjoy and if you can, please donate.

HOPE-MECFS-Facebook.jpg

OMF Scientific Advisory Board Director

Ronald W. Davis, PhD

An Update on ME/CFS Research

We are pleased to share a research update by OMF's Scientific Advisory Board director, Ronald W. Davis, PhD, produced by Ashley (Davis) Haugen at the Stanford Genome Technology Center (SGTC).

The Center has made significant breakthroughs towards understanding the molecular mechanisms of the disease and is now in a position to test chemical compounds for treatment.
OMF is helping fund the work of Dr. Davis' CFS Research Center team at the SGTC.

So far, their breakthroughs have been achieved by doing one experiment at a time, week-by-week. At this point, the team is ready to ramp up the project in order to carry out multiple parallel investigations to get answers as fast as possible. However, substantially more funding is needed for this to happen, and your donations help to accelerate our pace.

Please donate today and invite your family and friends to join you.

Thanks,

B
I am so incredibly thankful for all of Ron and his team's research and work. This brings me to tears on how far they have come and may actually find a cure soon. I feel there is a bit of hope for my bedridden 25 year old son suffering with me/cfs and all of the other sufferers and their families. I will be donating.

Thank you for being our angels in this crazy journey of illness and give us the light of hope!

Cheesus

Transcribing a video is much more energy intensive than I had envisioned :ill: I have nevertheless finished.

I am going to forward the transcript to Pat and Grigor now. If anyone else wants a copy, let me know.

EDIT: I've just realised I can actually just upload it here. Anyone can share or use this document however they wish. You do not need to ask my permission.

Attachments

• Ron Davis Transcript1.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Kati

Patient in training
Transcribing a video is much more energy intensive than I had envisioned :ill: I have nevertheless finished.

I am going to forward the transcript to Pat and Grigor now. If anyone else wants a copy, let me know.

EDIT: I've just realised I can actually just upload it here. There are probably grammatical errors, but I did my best to transcribe it word for word.

Thanks @Cheesus and I concur, it is a spoon-robbing exercise to transcribe or do any kind of mental exercise. Please call it a day and rest until tomorrow.

Kati

Patient in training
My spoons are all out - it was more my poor fingers and arms than my brain.

I will take your advice and shut myself down now. Going to lie quietly and meditate :)
Funny how we are each slightly different in the symptoms we get. For me, my brain would complain long before my fingers and arms. And it would be worse if I tried to do cognitive work vertically as opposed to horizontal.

Cheesus

Funny how we are each slightly different in the symptoms we get. For me, my brain would complain long before my fingers and arms. And it would be worse if I tried to do cognitive work vertically as opposed to horizontal.

I would have agreed with you in the past, but last summer I started on low dose naltrexone. I was and still am completely bedridden, but with the LDN my mental stamina went from that of a very severe patient to that of a mild to moderate patient. However my physical stamina only improved a little bit.

So when I said I am going to lie down, I really meant figuratively, because I am actually still bedridden and so was already lying down :p

... I should really be resting.

Tuha

We are so, so grateful for your donations! It really will help! I hate thinking that money keeps us from the fastest progress possible! Especially when I'm in with Whitney!

When I was younger I didnt want to confess that many things are about money but they are. :-(
Now I would marry an old billionaire to move ME research faster. Thanks for all your great job. We are following you also from middle of Europe with our small ME/CFS group - hoping that maybe some help will also come to this forgotten part of the world where nobody from medical community knows anything about ME/CFS. Greeting and sending some small money from Slovakia.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
I have my questions in!

Thanks so much, again, to Ron and the whole team. I thought he looked overworked and tired - don't want him burning himself out and not being able to finish his work, or enjoy his own life. Please take care.

TreePerson

T
When I was younger I didnt want to confess that many things are about money but they are. :-(
Now I would marry an old billionaire to move ME research faster. Thanks for all your great job. We are following you also from middle of Europe with our small ME/CFS group - hoping that maybe some help will also come to this forgotten part of the world where nobody from medical community knows anything about ME/CFS. Greeting and sending some small money from Slovakia.
The marrying a billionaire is an excellent idea. LOL. I am now actively on the lookout! Meanwhile I have made a small donation.:) Xx