• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

chest.

Fuzzyhead

I have had a left middle back ache for 4 months and keep thinking it's my lung. It's there every day and my left shoulder hurts too. I had my bloods done twice and oxygen levels checked and tapped and listened to and all ok. If it was muscular why now am i feeling chesty and bringing loads of green phlegm up every day too. I am trying to be rational but i can't stop worrying it's my lung.

Dechi

Worrying for 4 months is a long time ! Why don't you ask your doctor for an x-ray of your lungs ?

zzz

@Dechi is right. These symptoms are not normal, especially when they've been going on so long. An X-ray would certainly be a simple and easy way to check out some possibilities. And if that isn't conclusive, I would think that further tests are warranted. The fact that your blood and oxygen levels are OK (or were OK two months ago) isn't terribly significant, as there are many problems that could produce your symptoms that wouldn't show up in those tests. I don't know what the fundamental problem is, but I do know that this is the type of thing that it's best not to ignore.

Fuzzyhead

No no x ray. No i don't feel relieved at all but i suffer with health anxiety. I won't settle until i know for sure.

Mary

Moderator Resource
No no x ray. No i don't feel relieved at all but i suffer with health anxiety. I won't settle until i know for sure.

What did the doctor say about the green phlegm?

A chiropractor could very well be able to tell you if you had a muscular problem in that area - mine would, he's very good.

Fuzzyhead

I saw an osteopath when i first got the pain and she said all my left felt tight and locked and the day after i saw her i could hardly lift my left arm.