• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Good CFS/ME doctors in Argentina

Jesse2233

Does anyone know of any good CFS doctors in Argentina?

Found out today that Ampligen Cost Recovery program has been canceled in the US, and I'm considering relocating to Argentina because it's now approved there

Thanks!

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
Does anyone know of any good CFS doctors in Argentina?

Found out today that Ampligen Cost Recovery program has been canceled in the US, and I'm considering relocating to Argentina because it's now approved there

Thanks!
I live in Argentina and I don't know a single doctor who even knows what ME is. Please if you value your life and well-being, NEVER MOVE HERE. This country is a complete disaster, the economy is collapsing right now and there's clearly going to be an uprising soon. The medical system is a joke, doctors don't even know how to diagnose or treat a symple alergy, and they get very aggressive and violent if you just attemp to ask them to research something about ME, or POTS, or wathever you've got in order to help you. If you came here having ME, you're DOOMED, as I am. I've been searching for medical help for ME for 20 years, without getting any results. My situation is so terrible that I'm currently attending a psychologist so I can "let go" and learn to leave with the pain an disability that this disease cause since there is no hope that I can get any help here, I'm serious. Think very carefully about what you're going to do, good luck!
By the way, I think the idea of the company who is going to manufacture Ampligen in Argentina is to sell it in Europe, please research that. Perhaps you should be considering moving to europe instead of argentina

Jesse2233

I live in Argentina and I don't know a single doctor who even knows what ME is. Please if you value your life and well-being, NEVER MOVE HERE. This country is a complete disaster, the economy is collapsing right now and there's clearly going to be an uprising soon. The medical system is a joke, doctors don't even know how to diagnose or treat a symple alergy, and they get very aggressive and violent if you just attemp to ask them to research something about ME, or POTS, or wathever you've got in order to help you. If you came here having ME, you're DOOMED, as I am. I've been searching for medical help for ME for 20 years, without getting any results. My situation is so terrible that I'm currently attending a psychologist so I can "let go" and learn to leave with the pain an disability that this disease cause since there is no hope that I can get any help here, I'm serious. Think very carefully about what you're going to do, good luck!
By the way, I think the idea of the company who is going to manufacture Ampligen in Argentina is to sell it in Europe, please research that. Perhaps you should be considering moving to europe instead of argentina

Thank you very much for that information. That's a really terrible situation, I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

This article mentioned Ampligen will be for sale in Argentina, but if the doctors there don't acknowledge the disease then who would even prescribe it

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
Thank you very much for that information. That's a really terrible situation, I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

This article mentioned Ampligen will be for sale in Argentina, but if the doctors there don't acknowledge the disease then who would even prescribe it
thank you for you reply... perhaps I should add that you should not trust me 100%, here are the facts: I visited perhaps 50+ doctors in two highly populated cities, none of them knew about ME/CFS. Some where aware about the existence of a disease called "chronic fatigue" or "chronic fatigue syndrome", but all they knew about it was that it consisted in a persistent "fatigue", which is obviously wrong. They're not aware at all about fukuda, CCC, IOM, international, or any diagnostic criteria. As a consequence, some people believe that they suffer from "chronic fatigue syndrome" when they don't have it while others that do have it aren't aware of it. There exists the possibility that there are some ME/CFS aware doctors in our capital, where I didn't search much, Buenos Aires. However, almost certainly they're not better than the most mediocre CFS doctor in developed countries. There's also the problem that here, nutritional supplements are almost non existent here, you can only buy the most basic vitamins and minerals. It would be impossible then, to start a ME/CFS treatment based on nutrients such as D-ribose, L-carnitine, Q10 coenzime, and others, for example, without importing them, and at a VERY HIGH PRIZES given the low value of argentinian peso (our currency) compared to dollars. Here is the recently published "letter to shareholders" from Hemispherix which explains that their plans where to export from Argentina to Europe:
http://b2icontent.irpass.cc/2265/16...283364&Signature=klbdyraqvqGELc/tk1/MjjyWqFk=
It says among other things "Initiatives for 2017 include: 1) generating the first sales of Ampligen® through our early access program in Europe and Turkey"
Best of lucks!

Last edited: