• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Research uncovers mechanism, protective purpose of muscle soreness following exercise

*GG*

Nice article. Boy I sure wish they could get to the bottom of my chronic muscle pain.

The tightness of my muscles contributes to lots of my pain/discomfort. Dry needling helped lots, but where I live now, they are not as skilled and/or methodology has changed according to the last PT guy I was treated by.

GG

antares4141

Nice article. Boy I sure wish they could get to the bottom of my chronic muscle pain.
Most of mine is from repetitive type situations. When I'm sitting, my ass hurts, if I try laying in bed with my back up against the bed with my laptop in my lap my, or in a recliner than my back hurts. Mice caused my whole right arm and shoulder joint pain. I switched to a logitec m-570 track ball which helped. Moved my conventional mouse over to the left side of my work station. Not left handed but anything to reduce the use of my arm until the inflammation went down. Which it did over time.

antares4141

I posted the article cause I assume most people have muscle pain and the article hinted it could identify the condition, and might have some uses in preventing damage to vulnerable groups like those with muscular dystrophy. But my interest would mainly be the possibility of a biomarker for cfs.