• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

When You’re Drowsy, Is Your Brain Partly Asleep?

barbc56

Fascinating, I have always been interested about the subject of sleep. I've certainly had real world experience, of course this is anecdotal. I have several sleep disorders and I think it may be an important factor with me/cfs and Fibromyalgia whether a contributing factor or downstream effect.

I think anyone with our disorder should have a sleep study but don't think this is usually used as a diagnostic tool.

I've read and my neurologist claims that by the time you get tired you may have already had the microsleeps you describe.

Thanks!

antares4141

Fascinating, I have always been interested about the subject of sleep. I've certainly had real world experience, of course this is anecdotal. I have several sleep disorders and I think it may be an important factor with me/cfs and Fibromyalgia whether a contributing factor or downstream effect.

I think anyone with our disorder should have a sleep study but don't think this is usually used as a diagnostic tool.

I've read and my neurologist claims that by the time you get tired you may have already had the microsleeps you describe.

Thanks!
The concept does make a lot of sense. Your welcome!

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I have had 2 sleep studies, but the were worthless because they were conducted by pulmonologists looking only for sleep apnea. To be useful, you need a sleep study conducted by someone who understands sleep archetecture. That is usually a neurologist.