• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

duration of Valaciclovir treatment

sorin

Hi all!

I have started a treatment with 3 x 500mg = 1.5 g of Valaciclovir (Valtrex) six months ago. I have done an interruption last month for about 3-4 weeks, because I needed to renew my prescriptions. I want to ask if someone else used Valaciclovir for long-term treatment and for how long? Also, what daily dosage?
I am just wondering when should I stop taking this drug, since the blood tests are about the same?
The drug slightly improved my energy level at the cost of inducing dizziness and helped in reducing a little bit the frequency of lips herpeses.
If I remember well, Dr. Lerner said in his papers that the duration of treatment for his patients was 1.5 - 2 years.

ukxmrv

Hi Sorin,

I've had a good response to Valtrex in that I am getting less sore throats/ glands and flu like illnesses. However, I do need to keep taking it to see this effect. I'm taking 1 g per day.

sorin

Hi Sorin,

I've had a good response to Valtrex in that I am getting less sore throats/ glands and flu like illnesses. However, I do need to keep taking it to see this effect. I'm taking 1 g per day.
Hi!
when you started taking it? I have the same benefits as you taking it, but interrupting it makes things to become as before. Taking it for ever is not also an option...