• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which German lab is it that tests for andrenergic antibodies?

vision blue

Shawn reminded me that only one lab in the world, in Germany, tests for those neural antibodies that a pretty good reserach study found in CFS patients. i'm particularly intersted in andrenergic antibodies and in subunit 3 of acetylcholine antibodies. But i can't remember which lab this is to get tested. If anyone has a website/link where i can find out who i might contact to send blood, that would be helpful (though so far can't get labs to cooperate here to send off bloodtests i need0. Thanks.

kangaSue

subunit 3 of acetylcholine antibodies.
A leading researcher into Autoimmune Autonomic Ganglionopathy and a3 nicotonic acetylcholine receptor antibodies, Dr Steven Vernino only recommends getting tested for this at Oxford University Hospital in the U.K. or Mayo, Athena Diagnostics (a division of Quest Labs) or his own clinic at UT Southwestern Medical Centre in the U.S.A..

vision blue

Hi. Thanks much folks. I just went to the german website and was about to ask questions when I saw kangaSue's post on this.

I didn't know that Mayo or athena tested for these POTS and/or CFS/ME antibodies. Will try to find the tests now.

Here are the ones the German lab tests for.

Alpha1 adrenergic-receptor-auto-antibody (€ 112,00)
□ Alpha2 adrenergic-receptor-auto-antibody (€ 112,00)
□ Muscarinic cholinergic M1-receptor-auto-antibody (€ 27,00)
□ Muscarinic cholinergic M2-receptor-auto-antibody (€ 27,00)
□ Muscarinic cholinergic M3-receptor-auto-antibody (€ 27,00)
□ Muscarinic cholinergic M4-receptor-auto-antibody (€ 27,00)
□ Muscarinic cholinergic M5-receptor-auto-antibody (€ 27,00)
□ Beta1 adrenergic-receptor-auto-antibody (€ 27,00)
□ Beta2 adrenergic-receptor-auto-antibody (€ 27,00)
patient’s name: …………………………………..………………….
date/time of blood decrease: ………………………………..
□ invoice to doctor/clinic
□ invoice to patient
patient’s address/phone/E-mail:
………………………………………….
………………………………………….
………………………………………….

vision blue

update: been looking at mayo offerings (21 antibodies for AI neurological disorders), and i don't see anything that will test the andrenergic receptors, either alpha or beta. Also, am not sure if the assorted acetylcholine receptors mayo tests covers the muscarinic choline receptors of german lab.

I guess you meant just for the alpha 3 choline receptor? not sure mayo offers that one either - damn, nore homework. can't ever seem to make progress

for the tests offered by the german lab that don't seem to be availalbe in the US (the andrenergic receptors and the muscurinic acetly choline receptors, is there a thread where people shared their experiences actually doing this? I'm having trouble even finding a lab that will do a "kit", where i prepay a fed express overnight label to germany and leave it with them (state law where i am now will not allow them to hand me blood, much less spin to serum and hand me that). thanks.

kangaSue

Also, am not sure if the assorted acetylcholine receptors mayo tests covers the muscarinic choline receptors of german lab.
The Mayo acetylcholine tests are only for nicotonic acetylcholine receptors, the AChR Ganglionic Neuronal Ab test (GANG) is for the a3-nAChR Ab as found in Ganglionopathy and the ACh Receptor (Muscle) Binding Ab test (ARBI) is for the a1-nAChR Ab which is found in Myasthenia Gravis (muscle mentioned in this test is not connected to muscarinic AChR antibodies)
for the tests offered by the german lab that don't seem to be availalbe in the US (the andrenergic receptors and the muscurinic acetly choline receptors, is there a thread where people shared their experiences actually doing this?
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...gic-and-muscarinic-receptor-antibodies.46689/