• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ANABOLIC STEROIDS FOLKS?

knackers323

Yeah, but the whole liver things is a myth, we don't use liver protection at weekends when we take shots of vodka and beer.

by pct I mean any thing to combat your bodys shutdown of its own testosterone production or the increased levels of estrogen that the body will produce/aromatise to be level with testosterone.

I also wouldn't be so sure about the effects of oral steroids. firstly we don't have shots of vodka every day. those that do, often end up with liver problems and a mate of mine was taking dianabol, which is supposedly a bit harsher on the body than the one your talking about, and he was on a higher dose than what your probably planning. still relatively low though, and he very quickly ended up with sore kindneys and a swollen liver.

a bit of milk thistle or similar cant hurt mate

by pct I mean any thing to combat your bodys shutdown of its own testosterone production or the increased levels of estrogen that the body will produce/aromatise to be level with testosterone.

I also wouldn't be so sure about the effects of oral steroids. firstly we don't have shots of vodka every day. those that do, often end up with liver problems and a mate of mine was taking dianabol, which is supposedly a bit harsher on the body than the one your talking about, and he was on a higher dose than what your probably planning. still relatively low though, and he very quickly ended up with sore kindneys and a swollen liver.

a bit of milk thistle or similar cant hurt mate

Lol sorry for coming across as arrogant mate. We're all tired of feeling shitty and will try anything to make us get that feeling of the summer of 69 again. Did he feel good on the D-bol? I know what you mean with pct, i was thinking clomid if i do go ahead with this, bare in mind i'm talking about a really low dose.

Oxymetholone a synthetic derivative of testosterone. It therefore has all the effects of testosterone including triggering or aggravating acne. Interestingly oxymetholone enhances the production of erythropoietin. Erythropoietin is a hormone that is made in and excreted from the kidney. It travels to the bone marrow where it stimulates the production of new red blood cells. If your major problem is anemia and it's resultant fatigue.

Those disorders you mentioned are life-threatening bone marrow disorders, they are very rare causes of anemia, I bet less than 1% of all anemia cases. A bone marrow disorder is obviously not something you can or should self-treat. Anyway, most anemia is nothing like this and can be treated with dietary changes (iron+b12).

oxymetholone a synthetic derivative of testosterone. It therefore has all the effects of testosterone including triggering or aggravating acne. Interestingly oxymetholone enhances the production of erythropoietin. Erythropoietin is a hormone that is made in and excreted from the kidney. It travels to the bone marrow where it stimulates the production of new red blood cells. If your major problem is anemia and it's resultant fatigue

Oxymetholone improves nitrogen retention and protein synthesis levels. Use of this steroid is also associated with nearly permanent improvements in levels of body strength, aggression, and muscle mass. In addition to these advantages, Anadrol proves to be of great help to athletes who are prone to fatigue or nagging injuries during intense workouts and strength training.

knackers323

nothats ok. i didnt think you were being arrogant.

hes not a cfser. was taking for bodybuilding reasons.

for sure, id take anything that helps too, just try to minimize risks. ive tried the test route before and it made me much more tired. it can have this effect in healthy people too, but im also looking at giving it another go

nothats ok. i didnt think you were being arrogant.

hes not a cfser. was taking for bodybuilding reasons.

for sure, id take anything that helps too, just try to minimize risks. ive tried the test route before and it made me much more tired. it can have this effect in healthy people too, but im also looking at giving it another go

I'm not sure what route to approach first I've even heard of Predisone a corticosteroid being used to treat CFS/ME att 5mg to help heal the adrenals. I think this oxymetholone is really worth a look at though it would be like putting batteries in an empty remote.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I'm not sure what route to approach first I've even heard of Predisone a corticosteroid being used to treat CFS/ME att 5mg to help heal the adrenals. I think this oxymetholone is really worth a look at though it would be like putting batteries in an empty remote.

Prednisone and oxymetholone are 2 very different drugs. Oxymetholone/anadrol is one of the most toxic oral steroids to use, even bodybuilders are extremely careful with using it very infrequently and short duration. There would be much safer options then anadrol. Its really a last resort drug.

Prednisone and oxymetholone are 2 very different drugs. Oxymetholone/anadrol is one of the most toxic oral steroids to use, even bodybuilders are extremely careful with using it very infrequently and short duration. There would be much safer options then anadrol. Its really a last resort drug.

but imagine the effects it would have on a CFS'R if it does these things to a normal healthy individual.

Me young fresh faced at 18 Vs Now 23 CFS

Attachments

• 557133_575948969128451_1850648281_n.jpg
    557133_575948969128451_1850648281_n.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 15978880_1283110945078913_1149135934_n.jpg
    15978880_1283110945078913_1149135934_n.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 27

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Sarms, selective androgen receptor modulator has similar anabolic effects of steroids with much great reduction in side effects. Ostarine is one products and said to not only effect muscle but makes it easier to lose weight and can help heal joint and bone injuries. Not sure if it effect red blood cell production etc.

I'm tempted to go on some form of AAS. I'm in my mid 30's so my testosterone is declining anyhow. I would probably just do straight test though. It seems like you get the most bang for your bucks with the least side effects that way. My idea would be to go on it and push up my levels from 400 ng/dL to perhaps 1000 ng/dL. If someone has done work on taking AAS for either CFS or say some autoimmune disease it would be great. I've found some material on AAS and HIV-patient, but 95% of what is out there is for healthy athletes. Is there any doctor out there that works with patients who are looking to try this angle?

junkcrap50

I'm tempted to go on some form of AAS. I'm in my mid 30's so my testosterone is declining anyhow. I would probably just do straight test though. It seems like you get the most bang for your bucks with the least side effects that way. My idea would be to go on it and push up my levels from 400 ng/dL to perhaps 1000 ng/dL. If someone has done work on taking AAS for either CFS or say some autoimmune disease it would be great. I've found some material on AAS and HIV-patient, but 95% of what is out there is for healthy athletes. Is there any doctor out there that works with patients who are looking to try this angle?

Yes. There's one doctor I've heard of in Michigan, I think, that does prescribe anabolic steroids for patients with chronic fatigue (not necessarily CFS), but usually those who have muscle wasting as well. I'll try and find the doctor's name.

Yes. There's one doctor I've heard of in Michigan, I think, that does prescribe anabolic steroids for patients with chronic fatigue (not necessarily CFS), but usually those who have muscle wasting as well. I'll try and find the doctor's name.

That would be great thanks. It would be a lot easier if I was working with a nurse or doctor who had experience using TRT or AAS with sick patients.

junkcrap50

That would be great thanks. It would be a lot easier if I was working with a nurse or doctor who had experience using TRT or AAS with sick patients.

It should be relatively easy to find some who does Testosterone Replacement Therapy. It's gone pretty "mainstream" nowadays. At least any integrative, alternative medicine, anti-aging, or men's health doctor should be able to do it. Anabolic steroids on the other hand would be hard to find.

It should be relatively easy to find some who does Testosterone Replacement Therapy. It's gone pretty "mainstream" nowadays. At least any integrative, alternative medicine, anti-aging, or men's health doctor should be able to do it. Anabolic steroids on the other hand would be hard to find.

Right, I hear you. I'm based in the Tijuana / San Diego area and we have a ton of doctors who do TRT. Both some good ones and a lot of less serious ones as well from what I've read.

I'd like to keep this thread going. Did anyone experiment with anabolic steroids? Anyone get anymore information? I've been suggesting this for years for the CFS community and was typically met with misunderstandings such as "those are dangerous". Like many pharmaceuticals the risk is small when used properly.

I'm not talking about TRT, which is useless if your hormone levels are not low. I'm taking about the type of usage competitive athletes do, which of course must be cycled on and off. It is too harsh on your body for continuous use.

pattismith

I am a woman, and my testosterone level is in the low range.
Testosterone has been found low in fibro women and a trial with external testosterone showed good response;

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/ind...nts-with-testosterone-gel.62962/#post-1026964

I started a trial some days ago with interesting results, side effects are teeth pain and modified taste, so I have to lower the dose. I will update when I will have more to say about it.

I am a woman, and my testosterone level is in the low range.
Testosterone has been found low in fibro women and a trial with external testosterone showed good response;

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/ind...nts-with-testosterone-gel.62962/#post-1026964

I started a trial some days ago with interesting results, side effects are teeth pain and modified taste, so I have to lower the dose. I will update when I will have more to say about it.

I hope you feel better with it! I do want to clarify that I'm talking about something completely different-- not for hormone replacement, but for ergogenic purposes, meaning they are intended to enhance physical performance, stamina, or recovery. Again, a person would have to cycle on and off of these substances.

pattismith

I hope you feel better with it! I do want to clarify that I'm talking about something completely different-- not for hormone replacement, but for ergogenic purposes, meaning they are intended to enhance physical performance, stamina, or recovery. Again, a person would have to cycle on and off of these substances.
Hormone replacement is for people who have low levels (under the low normal limit), but I am in the normal ranges.
I would say that my goal is more hormonal optimisation (I don't want to end bearded!). So far it seems promising.

cb2

I am female and have testo levels in "normal" range yet I greatly benefited from taking about 20mg a week of testosterone injections. however over time "side effects" too many red blood cells, decreased HDL.. I cut the dose way down.. now I take only about 4mg a week. it took a while but facial hair did develop. I wish there were a way to get the effects, I did like the feeling of being able to go to the gym , and being stronger, it gave a great sense of well being. I wish there was something to give positive benefits without the masculine effects.