• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ANABOLIC STEROIDS FOLKS?

cb2

I have a rx for low dose testosterone but looking at the list of anabolic from "the body" that i posted above Testosterone seems to be the highest in androgenic effects, that explains the unwanted facial hair. anyone have any knowledge how to get a dr to rx a different anabolic ? what kind of dr does one need to see in order to get this? I am curious too about the Clomid , what does it do? thanks

I have a rx for low dose testosterone but looking at the list of anabolic from "the body" that i posted above Testosterone seems to be the highest in androgenic effects, that explains the unwanted facial hair. anyone have any knowledge how to get a dr to rx a different anabolic ? what kind of dr does one need to see in order to get this? I am curious too about the Clomid , what does it do? thanks

I think you would have to self medicate and buy them online from a lab, no Doctor would prescribe these as they are mostly illegal. I think they would work great in moderation, look at professional wrestlers etc they wrestle every night of the week for 12 months straight on the road catching flights everyday, these clearly have a great effect on the body.

*GG*

[QUOTE="cb2, post: 800955, member: 8723" I am curious too about the Clomid , what does it do? thanks[/QUOTE]

cb2: I think @heapsreal is rather knowledgeable in this arena :) Searching now, but coming up with lots of fertility sites. LOL Bearing a child is impossible for me ;)

GG

Edit: Clomid (clomiphene citrate, or CC pill) works by blocking estrogen at the pituitary and hypothalamus. Thus, the usual estrogen message to "STOP" production of LH is essentially silenced, and therefore the pituitary makes more LH and there is an increased "GO" signal to produce testosterone in the testes. HCG works by mimicking LH, which also increases the "GO" signal to produce more testosterone in the testes. Prescribing testosterone for a man, however, does the opposite of what clomiphene and HCG do

http://shiramillermd.com/blog/clomid-men-testosterone-alternative.html

Last edited:

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Increased RBC will also make blood thicker and reduce viscosity. CFS/ME patients already tend to suffer from blood hypercoagulation (low blood viscosity) according to what Dr. Berg observed years ago, so increasing RBC makes this problem even worse. A few endurance athletes almost killed themselves from steroid use when their blood got too thick back in the days when every top athlete used doping. If this happens to top athletes, imagine what damage it could have on CFS/ME patients...

Those athletes used epo and blood doping where they reinfuse their own stored blood. Generally these are guys that go too far not undersupervision. I believe dr peterson used epo the blood booster to help some pts with orthostatic intolerance with some success.

The doses used by athletes for other drugs are usually alot higher then whats inttended for medical conditions they are used for but also drs treating medical conditions with these drugs monitor pts closely. Some athletes have no medical care at all.

heapsreal

[QUOTE="cb2, post: 800955, member: 8723" I am curious too about the Clomid , what does it do? thanks

cb2: I think @heapsreal is rather knowledgeable in this arena :) Searching now, but coming up with lots of fertility sites. LOL Bearing a child is impossible for me ;)

GG

Edit: Clomid (clomiphene citrate, or CC pill) works by blocking estrogen at the pituitary and hypothalamus. Thus, the usual estrogen message to "STOP" production of LH is essentially silenced, and therefore the pituitary makes more LH and there is an increased "GO" signal to produce testosterone in the testes. HCG works by mimicking LH, which also increases the "GO" signal to produce more testosterone in the testes. Prescribing testosterone for a man, however, does the opposite of what clomiphene and HCG do

http://shiramillermd.com/blog/clomid-men-testosterone-alternative.html[/QUOTE]

Clomid can help some guys get their testosterone levels back to normal so its a possible alternative to trt. Hcg can also increase estrogen more in men so may need other drugs to combat issues there. Clomid in low doses 2 to 3 times a week has improved mens testosterone levels to the mid to high range.

heapsreal

@heapsreal Would the anabolics do anything for the brain fog ie make you feel more sharper etc...?

Its possible especially if your testosterone levels are low. Brain fog is a sign of low T. Testosterone also can effect dopamine levels which can increase brain function and mood. Its really a trial error. But low testosterone in men generally as more long term health consequences then one with good testosterone levels.

heapsreal

cb2

when i started dabbling with low dose T a few years ago and noticed it did help my symptoms i started searching online for others. i did find this dr in NY that uses it alot..for men and women. Dr Barry Gordon
here is a link
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGfWrOKcFqnzKiGkR5GY5Dg

still the issue remains that i am running into with the testosterone, it is a bit too androgenic for a female to use a long time..at least for me in a dose that makes me feel better it has masculinzing effects AND a drastic reduction in my HDL even at less than 20mg a week.

is this an actual study @TedBakerBoy ? if you have the info i would love to show it to my dr and see if i can find a way to get an anabolic that isn't so androgenic.

thanks!

The symptoms of moderate to severe iron deficiency anemia include:
  • general fatigue.
  • weakness.
  • pale skin.
  • shortness of breath.
  • dizziness.
  • strange cravings to eat items that aren't food, such as dirt, ice, or clay.
  • a tingling or crawling feeling in the legs.
  • tongue swelling or soreness.

heapsreal

With guys doing trt, its not about topping up your testosterone levels as external testosterone shuts your own production off. So you actually replace your current low levels with a high normal level usually. This is called negative feedback system.

JES

The symptoms of moderate to severe iron deficiency anemia include:
  • general fatigue.
  • weakness.
  • pale skin.
  • shortness of breath.
  • dizziness.
  • strange cravings to eat items that aren't food, such as dirt, ice, or clay.
  • a tingling or crawling feeling in the legs.
  • tongue swelling or soreness.

So why not treat the root cause of your anemia then ? Iron deficiency is treated with iron supplements. If you have anemia induced chronic fatigue, you are somewhat lucky as most doctors know how to diagnose and treat anemia, which cannot be said about CFS/ME. Anemia was the first thing I suspected years ago when I started getting CFS/ME symptoms, had it been "just" anemia I would probably not be on this forum writing posts 10 years later.

So why not treat the root cause of your anemia then ? Iron deficiency is treated with iron supplements. If you have anemia induced chronic fatigue, you are somewhat lucky as most doctors know how to diagnose and treat anemia, which cannot be said about CFS/ME. Anemia was the first thing I suspected years ago when I started getting CFS/ME symptoms, had it been "just" anemia I would probably not be on this forum writing posts 10 years later.

I was looking at it in this sense?

Oxymetholone ®-50 Tablets is indicated in the treatment of anemias caused by deficient red cell production. Acquired aplastic anemia, congenital aplastic anemia, myelofibrosis and the hypoplastic anemias due to the administration of myelotoxic drugs often respond.

JES

I was looking at it in this sense?

Oxymetholone ®-50 Tablets is indicated in the treatment of anemias caused by deficient red cell production. Acquired aplastic anemia, congenital aplastic anemia, myelofibrosis and the hypoplastic anemias due to the administration of myelotoxic drugs often respond.

Those disorders you mentioned are life-threatening bone marrow disorders, they are very rare causes of anemia, I bet less than 1% of all anemia cases. A bone marrow disorder is obviously not something you can or should self-treat. Anyway, most anemia is nothing like this and can be treated with dietary changes (iron+b12).