• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Update: 2 video clips with subtitles: Fluge interviewed+new study

deleder2k

The study "Metabolic profiling indicates impaired pyruvate dehydrogenase function in myalgic encephalopathy/CFS" is discussed in detail here.

Video number two with a interview with Fluge (starts around 3:50):

Last edited:

alex3619

Jennifer J

A little off topic for a moment to dream, to go with the promising research from Norway.

No problems, I don't drink beer. Besides, I know nice people from Norway. Its on my must visit list if I ever get cured. Living there for a few years, picking up the language, sounds like a fun thing to do.

Yes, Alex, we must get you cured so you may live in Norway for a few years :), and all of us cured, too. It's so beautiful there. If I ever got married I wanted to have my honeymoon there. Otherwise, I'm up for riding ferries up the fjords and eating cheap, in a toothpaste looking tube, caviar everyday with baguettes.

3bc6004d3fd9fad4df336188e50c99f3.jpg

38807hd.jpg

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just watched the video in English - well worth a look.

Big thanks to the patients who were interviewed, and to Drs Fluge and Mella and their team! :thumbsup:

One key thing that they said was that they believe that the disease is reversible and that patients can go back to normal. Naviaux and Ron Davis have said this too, I think.

Tuha

Do we know what they next plans are? What do they want to study? It seems that they dont struggle with money for their research.

A.B.

Do we know what they next plans are? What do they want to study? It seems that they dont struggle with money for their research.

I suspect they will decide what do next after seeing the results of the RituxMe trial and its substudies.

Tuha

I suspect they will decide what do next after seeing the results of the RituxMe trial and its substudies.

I think they will have the results of the Rituximab study in summer 2018. I hope that they will expand their studies regarding the last metabolic findings already now - it would be pity to wait till summer 2018.

But how long a delay is there normally for publication to happen?

Just checked and for their recent study, the results write up was received by the publishing journal 5th July 2016, accepted (I assume this mean peer review process completed) 15th November 2016, finally published 22nd December 2016 - so an almost 6 month delay.

So if the same happens then we are looking at 2018 to see the results, and saying summer 2018 probably keeps our expectations reasonably in check. :)