• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cold flushes in legs

Kenny Banya

I regularly get cold flushes in my legs & that is the sign that I am really tired. Even to the point I have to collapse where I stand.
No one has ever understood this. Others always talk about hot flushes.

Anyone else get cold flushes?

The only other time in my life I got cold flushes, before I had CFS, was when I stayed awake all night one when I stayed out overnight as a 14 year old. The cold flushes were a physical nudge from my body to rest.

rosie26

I regularly get cold flushes in my legs & that is the sign that I am really tired. Even to the point I have to collapse where I stand.
No one has ever understood this. Others always talk about hot flushes.

Anyone else get cold flushes?

The only other time in my life I got cold flushes, before I had CFS, was when I stayed awake all night one when I stayed out overnight as a 14 year old. The cold flushes were a physical nudge from my body to rest.
Do your legs shake when you feel you are about to collapse? The only experience I have had of this was many years ago, in my early 20's. I suddenly became very weak and my legs started to shake. I barely made it to my bed and once there my whole body went icy cold inside, especially along the spine. The ice coldness along my spine really scared me and then about 5-10 seconds later (could have been longer) I went from icy cold to very hot. It all passed within about a minute or two.