• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

#my2016MEawards: Acknowledge people and groups in the ME community you are grateful for

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
As well as agreeing with the nominations so far, I'd also highlight @Ben Howell for his work coordinating with the OMF and the patient community.

Far too kind Andy! Very touched though. My pleasure to be able to with the awesome folks and community. There are so many behind the scenes that are working so hard for us. All of the wonderful nominations here I completely agree with, some wonderful and relentless work by many people. I'd like to nominate Linda Tannenbaum, and ofcourse Janet and Ron.

Waynes world 'We're not worthy, we're not worthy' comes to my mind for me!!

raw

B

Last edited:

Gijs

Maybe we can nominate White and Chalder because they're such nice people and have found a cure for us (CBT) that works perfect we're all better now :) (Sarcasm)

I'd like to nominate the MP Kelvin Hopkins for finally getting the questions we all wanted asked in the HofC in the UK (even tho the replies were far from satisfactory), also the Countess of Mar for her continued efforts on our behalf in the 'corridors of power'.

Invisible Woman

I would like to nominate @charles shepherd .

Year after year, he still chips away at the bricks of "establishment". Progress may be slow but he has been at the coal face for longer than I have been ill, working away despite being ill himself.

On top of the work that we see him do here he is very active with the MEA. Not just with overall policy and publications but directly with members. He has found time over the years to contact me on a couple of occasions when I needed medical advice and had gotten in touch with the MEA.

He does a lot of hard work and puts up with a lot of grief on our behalf.