• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking into heavy metals

Hi i'm a 23 year old male with a complicated history of neurological and psych problems. I had some questions about heavy metal exposure and chelation. Ive been sick for about 12 years and I dont think Ive had any exposure since then if I had any.

The problem is my memory is so bad I cannot remember my past at that time and if I was exposed. Im getting a heavy metal urine test done to look for alot of heavy metals like lead and mercury etc.

Would it still show the metals if they were in my brain 12 years later on a urine test? Would chelation have any effect at all in relief of symptoms?

Thank you

Last edited:
Hello

At your age recovery from neurological disorders should not be too difficult because your body is more active, the ability to detox should be higher. I bet you could handle doses of chelators an adult couldn't, one reason being you have higher CoQ10 to offset the oxidative effect of chelation. Chelation will give you a great improvement in health and allow you to try other health protocols with less side effects, see iodine protocol and B12 thread but its a good idea before trying methylation since its just a detox wheras methylation also causes many more reactions.

If you want to do chelation you need to invest in supports which are used during preparation, before any chelation, and during chelation.

First off, I notice you seem to be on quite a few drugs from the bottom of your post. Do you mind elaborating on your reason for taking those before I make any more suggestions?

caledonia

A urine test will only show an ongoing exposure. A hair test showing both toxic metals and essential elements (minerals) is best.

Chelation, if done properly, should be helpful.

Please go to my signature link and see the Cutler frequent dose chelation section for the right test, how to interpret it and how to chelate.

This is the safest, most effective way to chelate. If you don't chelate within the half life of the chelator, you'll get redistribution and feel worse. Speaking from personal experience.

I'm on round #12 of Cutler chelation for mercury, lead and arsenic.

Hello

At your age recovery from neurological disorders should not be too difficult because your body is more active, the ability to detox should be higher. I bet you could handle doses of chelators an adult couldn't, one reason being you have higher CoQ10 to offset the oxidative effect of chelation. Chelation will give you a great improvement in health and allow you to try other health protocols with less side effects, see iodine protocol and B12 thread but its a good idea before trying methylation since its just a detox wheras methylation also causes many more reactions.

If you want to do chelation you need to invest in supports which are used during preparation, before any chelation, and during chelation.

First off, I notice you seem to be on quite a few drugs from the bottom of your post. Do you mind elaborating on your reason for taking those before I make any more suggestions?
I suffer from major depression and what is thought to be PANDAS and also chronic head pain. I also have POTS. So all the pych meds are for controlling the pych issues and helping with PANDAS. All the antibiotics are for PANDAS. And the other drugs are for pain and blood pressure.

Johnmac

Hi i'm a 23 year old male with a complicated history of neurological and psych problems. I had some questions about heavy metal exposure and chelation. Ive been sick for about 12 years and I dont think Ive had any exposure since then if I had any.

The problem is my memory is so bad I cannot remember my past at that time and if I was exposed. Im getting a heavy metal urine test done to look for alot of heavy metals like lead and mercury etc.

Would it still show the metals if they were in my brain 12 years later on a urine test? Would chelation have any effect at all in relief of symptoms?

Thank you

I agree with what the others said.

The Frequent Dose Chelation Yahoo group is probably a good place for you (more experts than here); I think there's also a Cutler group on facebook.

Half-life of Hg in the brain is decades, so best to gradually bring it out with safe chelation. No test will show what mercury's in the brain apart from an autopsy, which would probably be premature.

I've done 270 days of Cutler chelation. Chelation can relieve symptoms, & can make symptoms temporarily worse - but the general trend over time is improvement.