• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Zaher Nahle: Progress and Challenges in ME/CFS - Solve webinar Thurs 15 Dec 2016

Sing

I send in my concern or hope that upcoming research will distinguish the subsets of the recently ill--under 3 years--vs those with longer term illnesses, and also the subsets of those with sudden onset vs those with gradual onset. I think these different subsets are going to have different immune system findings and maybe others as well. If the findings from these are blended, the results may be watered down or unclear. Or another problem is that only the results from a certain subset will be taken to apply to everyone.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I think the questions for Dr. Naher are meant to be questions asking for information that he can provide during the webinar.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Bump! Don't forget this is on today. If you miss it, Solve usually post their webinars up on YouTube a few days later.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
He went a bit fast for me but my concentration is poor anyway - but my general impression was that there's a lot of good stuff going on. He ran out of time for questions - I wonder if he'll answer them on the website?

Just watched this. It's so impressive and encouraging to see such good research projects going on.

They are all small pilot sized projects, but lots of baby steps all help. Let's hope they find enough to attract bigger government funds.

Makes the UK CMRC and MEGA look an out of touch shambles.

He went a bit fast for me but my concentration is poor anyway - but my general impression was that there's a lot of good stuff going on. He ran out of time for questions - I wonder if he'll answer them on the website?
I agree, I think he went far too fast for the target audience, I would guess through trying to cram too much material into not enough time (although they do limit their webinars to an hour due to patients issues with concentration). I think it would have been better split across several webinars. But, yes, they do seem to have quite a number of good projects moving along.

They did say they would answer those questions sent in, I would guess they will put them up on their website and/or social media.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I find it a bit of a problem generally to try to read slides and listen to a commentary at the same time. I think I'll watch it on YouTube but with my eyes closed!

I find it a bit of a problem generally to try to read slides and listen to a commentary at the same time. I think I'll watch it on YouTube but with my eyes closed!

I found it quite helpful to hit the stop button whenever he put up a new slide, and read it, then listen while he talked about it. I also watched it in sections with breaks. It helped that I'd already read bits about some of the projects, and reminded myself I don't need to understand it all.

I love his enthusiasm and obviously good knowledge. I think this shows the importance of having people like him who are research scientists overseeing and coordinating research and with enough in depth of knowledge to make the links between projects and bring researchers together.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I love his enthusiasm and obviously good knowledge.

Me too - regardless of whether I know what he's talking about, he always makes me feel better! Feels good to know he's on the case and is so keen to crack it. I think he'll be great at the collaborative stuff, too - he seems very welcoming of people and keen to bring people in.