• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS science blogger Simon McGrath launches Facebook page

Simon

Want to tell us a bit about it, @Simon?
Thanks for the mention. Um, I'm clueless about FB and wouldn't know how to start finding the MEA post about my new page (how did they find me?).. But here goes

Simon McGrath Me/CFS research (FB has a thing about capitals)

Occasional posts on what strikes me as the most interesting ME/CFS & related research, viewed with a slightly sceptical eye. Or anything I had a hand in :)

That's it really. I probably won't post much (apart from when shamelessly plugging my own stuff, of which there probably won't be any more). I'll try to post on a few big studies that seem important to me (like the Bob Naviaux one this year), but will also try to be realistic about studies, including mentioning weak points, rather than simply hyping stuff.

I won't be clogging up your feeds if you follow me (can you even follow a page??)

Esther12

Sounds like this is going to be the most amazing FB page of all time Simon! Are you sure you're not slightly over-selling it? With you, anything is possible though. With the release of your new PACE paper, it really seems that you might be on the brink of bringing down the UK medical establishment, and reforming the processes of science, all from your bed.

I guess we're going to have to wait and see if you can live up to those amazing promises.

Barry53

Do you mean of the PACE data reanalysis? There is a Sci Hub link to the full article at the start of this post in the thread about it http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...analysis-of-the-pace-trial.48323/#post-794436
Yes, many thanks.

Something that puzzles me is ...
A critical commentary and preliminary re-analysis of the PACE trial,
... preliminary? Is this saying that a fuller (whatever that might mean) reanalysis is to follow? If so when could we expect that? And what might it offer that the preliminary re-analysis does not? Or is it a bit of a teaser, and there may be nothing further?