• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do infusion centers/hospitals administer alt therapies?

Horizon

I am interested in IV vitamin therapy and glutathione but I do not feel comfortable getting them at some random quack chiropractor etc practitioners office. Do any legit infusion centers that administer regular drugs also do these sorts of things even if I have to pay out of pocket? I suspect the answer is no because they arent well studied and clinically validated.

IreneF

I am interested in IV vitamin therapy and glutathione but I do not feel comfortable getting them at some random quack chiropractor etc practitioners office. Do any legit infusion centers that administer regular drugs also do these sorts of things even if I have to pay out of pocket? I suspect the answer is no because they arent well studied and clinically validated.
Some hospitals have sprouted integrative medical centers but I have no idea whether they provide anything more invasive than acupuncture.

OTOH, do you want something that isn't "well studied and clinically validated" infused into your bloodstream?

The infusion process is not difficult. We've done it to our cats when they needed extra fluids.

Horizon

I know the process is not difficult but I would rather be in a sterile, controlled environment where if something goes wrong there is accountability and they have measures to deal with reactions etc. If a reputable place like a hospital or clinic doesn't feel comfy to give it then I prob don't want it given to me via bloodstream.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I know the process is not difficult but I would rather be in a sterile, controlled environment where if something goes wrong there is accountability and they have measures to deal with reactions etc.
I've had 3 doctors (M.D.s) who have had infusion centers in their offices. They have nurses who are trained in giving infusions, crash carts, etc. They infused a variety of things from antibiotics to vitamins and glutathione. I always felt secure in such an environment.

Learner1

I know the process is not difficult but I would rather be in a sterile, controlled environment where if something goes wrong there is accountability and they have measures to deal with reactions etc. If a reputable place like a hospital or clinic doesn't feel comfy to give it then I prob don't want it given to me via bloodstream.

The MDs and hospitals near me don't seem to offer much of this, which is their loss...

Over the past 3 years, I've had extensive nutrient IV therapy in 2 naturopathic clinics who are very careful about sterile procedures.

The IVs are essential to my functioning. Ive literally been in a heap on the floor, and been resurrected by the IV treatment.

I've had 4 types of IVs:
  1. mitochondrial support with megadose B12 with cofactors and Mito cocktail nutrients,
  2. immune support/antiviral with high dose vitamin C, artesunate and/or ozone, and
  3. detoxification, with chelstors, methylation support, glutathione and molybdenum, curcumin and/or PolyMVA.
  4. cancer fighting
There's good science behind the treatment - it's admittedly not mainstream, but it's far from quackery. And it's helping ... I'm cancer free and am slowly making progress on my CFS.

IVs are very powerful, and someone who doesn't know what they're doing can really screw you up. But knowledgeable practitioners who use lab testing to guide decisionmaking and are thoughtful and careful about customizing for each patient, can get you a long way.