• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NIH Statisitics?

Andrew

Not sure if it's here or somewhere else. There is information about how much NIH spends a year on MS versus CFS. Does anyone know where this is? Also, I think I saw figure of how much money NIH gives to studies that are not CFS, but they claim it is for CFS.

This is ridiculous the recovery act gave extra research dollars to everyone from Aging (Aging is a illness--really now?) to Vulvodynia but nothing for us. .:Retro mad:

*GG*

Not surprised at all K of Zero, the stimulus bill was a huge waste of money and will only get worse! Heath Care for all!!

Otis

Señor Mumbler
Thanks, Otis. That's exactly what I need.

De nada. I happened to be looking at it the day before. Combined wirh disease population numbers for comparison this can be valuble info. Using fibro numbers might be a thought since we really overlap and I think fibro (alone?) is much more common than CFS.

Otis