• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to lower sulfur levels with molybdenum without depleting copper?

What methods have you used or would you recommend for lowering sulfur levels with molybdenum without depleting copper levels?

The obvious choice would be to take a copper supplement, but doc is concerned about copper toxicity. My copper levels are slightly low because of the molybdenum I've been taking.

I've been looking at Thorne's Basic Nutrients supplement, as it has molybdenum and copper in it. I like it moreso because of the b vitamins doc wants me on for adrenals and the methyl-folate for the MTHFR.

What's the best way to navigate this? o_O

Eat nuts? (or other foods high in copper)

I would love to eat nuts and other foods high in copper, but dealing with excessive yeast has further limited my diet choices.

I am eating more mushrooms and zucchini, as they're relatively high in copper. I'm just concerned with removing more copper than I'm taking in with food.

xrayspex

Eat nuts? (or other foods high in copper)

Pretty hard to o.d. from food. Although I did get o.d.'d on selenium or something from eating 1/2 Brazil nut per day for several months. But I just discontinued and the problem cleared in a day or two.
hey Caledonia
what symptoms did you get from too much selenium? I have taken minute amount of molbydenum drops frequently over some years per Rich V'a advice for MCS,and sulphur etc and recently got in habit of couple drops selenium too in smoothies until I realized thru trial and error that Selenium drops were making me dizzy and nauseated---been havng more trouble with that this year but it was intensified every time I had selenium--I isolated it thru trial and error

so have axed that from my small list of things I take........it made me nervous about molybdenum too so stopped that........after all isn't that used in batteries? ;)

caledonia

hey Caledonia
what symptoms did you get from too much selenium? I have taken minute amount of molbydenum drops frequently over some years per Rich V'a advice for MCS,and sulphur etc and recently got in habit of couple drops selenium too in smoothies until I realized thru trial and error that Selenium drops were making me dizzy and nauseated---been havng more trouble with that this year but it was intensified every time I had selenium--I isolated it thru trial and error

so have axed that from my small list of things I take........it made me nervous about molybdenum too so stopped that........after all isn't that used in batteries? ;)

Interesting. I was also doing a maintenance dose of moly.

I also had an issue with moly around the same time as the selenium.

The issue was a sharp stabbing pain. For one of them the pain was in my left rib. Felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife - pretty painful. For the other, I had a sharp stabbing pain in my left thigh.

It happened within a few weeks of each other. I worked it out through trial and error and probably some muscle testing.