• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sepsis + Lyme Disease

I've been on doxycycline a few weeks. My legs had got a little better. But I went out after over 2 weeks in doors and I can barely stand.

I have tried to get help from A&E
like IV antibiotics they just send me away.

My legs are hot and painful and I am sweating in bed.

My CRP is 12 and my ESR was raised I had had heart pain and irregular beats.

White cell count normal.
I am diabetic which is unstable.
My Urine acid is high without goute. I need to be on IV antibiotics but the NHS refuse I can't afford much more.
It needs to be over weeks not the one off.
As soon as I am out of bed my temperature drops.

My private doc has tried to get me admitted to a NHS hospital several but they refuse help send me home with pain killers.

I have no solution but that sounds terrible.

I've emailed Lymediseaseuk asked if John Caudwell can speak to health ministers. I am going to talk to my private consultant this morning.
He does not know either.
I need to be in hospital and have done for sometime. I can't really afford private for much longer at this rate.
This is sepsis but the NHS refuse to recogise it.
I tried to write to the Cheif medical officer
there's only contact form a few days ago.
The NHS would rather tell me I am mad
and kill me. That would save them some money.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Humanrights i am very sorry you are going through this. are you in the USA? do you have medicare?

No I only have the NHS and they no likE Lyme Disease!

You could get treated for almost anything else. :vomit::eek:

Still I have made the effort and emailed the Town council and told them they have a
Tick problem? :devil: That will put the cat amoungst them:cat:
They will have something to think about.

I've been trying to tell my GP I've been bitten just sitting outside the small shopping centre and the number of people tying up their poches up outside the supermarket. While the Tick quite liturally bounce off the tree's.
No one has done a servey.

They don't have a clue how these things behave.
They don't realise they go to the highest point then the wind knocks them off if they hit someone or something that's dinner. Otherwise they just go back up again. Cutting the grass or concret does not stop them.

We've been growing more tree's in town centres but no one is doing anything to look after them. I asked a tree surgeon they said chop it down.

It's not my tree but the councils.
The GP should tell the council but they don't. They are trying to ignore it and make out I am mad. :rolleyes: