• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Lost Years

lilpink

In the New Year I will enter year 47 of this disease, and year 23 of being mainly housebound. In the early years I had some remissions, of a sort, to about 75 to 80% well for short tranches of time, perhaps 18 months on 3 occasions (something I can only dream about now) . Since 1994 my health has continued on a downward trajectory. I have never had one day where my disease hasn't impacted my life since 1969.

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
26 years and 3 months, no remission.
so sad, I'm rally sorry for you :( me, 18 years sick, since 13 years old, I had ME as a child, as a teenager and as an adult. As a consequence of that, I really don't know what mi potential in life was, i have no clue of how strong and intelligent I could have been as an adult, since I have both cognitive and physical symptoms