• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Alem Matthees: how an Australian’s FOI request busted open a UK science scandal

Esther12

Pursuing the FOIA cost me much in time and energy. When combined with other factors such as physical over-exertion and sleep deprivation, it eventually contributed to a severe relapse.

Having seen the impressive care put into the document on What Do They Know, this doesn't surprise me at all. It might not have gained much readership, but it was some of the best writing on PACE I've seen. Hoping for a speedy return to health for him!

trishrhymes

Having seen the impressive care put into the document on What Do They Know, this doesn't surprise me at all. It might not have gained much readership, but it was some of the best writing on PACE I've seen. Hoping for a speedy return to health for him!

You've lost me... What is 'What do they know?'

taniaaust1

I'm wondering if this could be brought to Australian current affair shows attention. A sick Australian exposing UK major research as basically being fraudulent, well I'd think that could be quite news worthy.

(I'm not able to follow that up at this point of time but I do think of this as a news opportunity if anyone can bring this to the attention of our current affair media and contact some of those shows).