• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Energy drink

Hugo

Anyone tried a energy/sport drink that was/is positive for you? There are some with vitamins, mineral, aminoacids, glutamin and so on.

Last edited:

taniaaust1

Cause i have POTS i found many of the sports drinks very helpful (though some brands made me very sick eg Staminade here in Australia had/has things in it which are banned in America.. and that made me very sick).

The issue with these were within 6 months of me drinking a lot of these my teeth were being ruined, they can be full of sugar or acidic and eat away at the tooth enemal. 6 months of these gave me 5 holes in my teeth... I had to pay out $1200 to get one capped and was looking at maybe having to wear teeth guards at night all due to the sports drinks I'd had. (I'd only ever got 2 holes before that and that was one for each pregnancy).

They probably too worsened my progression towards diabetes. So for me though they were helpful, they were also harmful so I dont use them.

Skippa

Anti-BS
Energy drinks mess me up, I found a high protein tesco own brand (next to complan and slimfast) vanilla flavour that seems to provide *something* good I drink one a day, early in morning, any later in the day then the sugars crash me. Reading the ingredients it provides small amounts of all sorts of vitamins and goodies.

I mix it with soy milk, I'm slightly lactose intolerant and the wind is v uncomfortable.

alice111

Rev 3 by usana, it's a miracle. The only thing that wakes me up, but causes zero anxiety or jitteriness! I only use half a can :)

Hugo

I have had this a couple times before doing weights at gym: Starbucks, 20g protein.

GG

https://news.starbucks.com/facts/fact-sheet-starbucks-doubleshot-coffee-protein

Does it contain sugar (didnt find that info in the link), thats something I try to avoid (will cause candida for me). Caffeine though is interesting, it has a tremendeous effect on me, sometimes very positive. But it also could unbalance the body.

I used this one sometimes and I find had some positive effect, its bought in sweden so I dont know where its available, but Im sure theres a lot of drinks thats similair.
https://www.vitaminwell.com/product/vw-002/

Also this one if I want caffeine
https://nocco.com/products/

Still I find them a little to expensive. I know you can make your own electrolytes since its only different kind of salts dissolved in liquid.

Is there something negative with sports drinks if you remove sugar? Caffeine can be negative aswell I gather in large amount. How about other usual ingredients like taurine, BCAA+ and electrolytes?

Last edited:

L Y

Natural Gatorade: 1 organic lemon, 2 organic orange, wash, squeeze and add to shaker bottle. Add 2 cups water, 1/8
teaspoon Himalayan salt, 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup. Shake. Can cut up peels and add.

You may be caffeine sensitive. I only drink it when need help digesting a meal - even then only organic, 1/4 cup with 1/4 organic milk. Or strong organic black tea.

Why all the organics? Pesticides increase our toxic load. Coffee goes right into the bloodstream. Don't need more neurotoxins in our bloodstream.

*GG*

Does it contain sugar (didnt find that info in the link), thats something I try to avoid (will cause candida for me). Caffeine though is interesting, it has a tremendeous effect on me, sometimes very positive. But it also could unbalance the body.

Is there something negative with sports drinks if you remove sugar? Caffeine can be negative aswell I gather in large amount. How about other usual ingredients like taurine, BCAA+ and electrolytes?

32 grams of Carbohydrates, 20g comes from Sugar, 2g from dietary fiber.

GG

helperofearth123

I sometimes drink sugar free red bull, or more often the super markets own brand as its cheaper. It's important to get the sugar free ones otherwise its way too much sugar for anyone even just in one drink. It's just a caffeine shot really, I feel very very mildly more energised afterwards, barely detectable. I tried one that was full of electrolytes onces and felt awful afterwards.

Hugo

I tried one that was full of electrolytes onces and felt awful afterwards.

Hmm interesting, have you tried it several times so you know its the electrolytes? For me it has a positive effect but not that much.. probably because of POTS