• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Doctor-recommended cure for ME

Countrygirl

Well, I just had to share this with you.

I am not sure whether to be appalled or amused................or just furious.

I have shared a few times on here the woeful attitude Devon's doctors towards their patients with ME. I thought I had heard it all from people who phone me about their experiences with the medical profession.................and not least, my own............... which have forced me to conclude that the only option is to avoid all contact with doctors as they are such a health hazard and just die quietly at home.

I have just heard from a local patient with quite severe ME.

Her doctor has the cure for this disease. (Esther Crawley eat your heart out. Scrub Fitnet or Quickfix...........I keep getting the name of the local garage confused with Esther's latest fad.)

The cure merely costs £200 a session. Cheap at the price! The queue starts here.............

Deep intake of breath......(@Kina will love this..............I know how much you approve of alternative therapies Kina and this is one you just gotta try :p )

Doctor's treatment recommendation for ME:

visit a medium.

And before you think that the treatment is a bit dodgy ..............this one is recommended by a GMC-approved clinician,................and have no fear because it isn't just any old medium but a very special one .....the doctor's favourite. The fact that she isn't even in this country..........or even this continent .........but the other side of the globe...............(she lives in Australia).......is no obstacle. No worries about that though. Just get out your credit card, transfer £200 to this amazing lady's account and she will talk to you on the phone..................get in touch with her spirit guides (or whatever entities are drifting by at the time) and .....voila!...........ME begone. Just miraculous.

Esther will be gutted!

No Parkering involved..............no internet chats...............no 'research' needed.............scrub MEGA. Just doctor-recommended mediums...................at £200 a throw.

For all those interested in contacting this amazing lady who can cure your ME I have her name. (And I won't charge you for it.)

By the way, she advertises herself as a .................medium cum sexologist :thumbdown: :ill:

Anyone interested?

Unfortunately, the patient is seriously considering it.

.............................................after all, the 'treatment' is recommended by her doctor.

Last edited:

OverTheHills

Lets have an annual award for the stupidest ME recommendation by a doctor. I will give £5 to Invest in ME as the prize for the 2016 winner. I think Countrygirl's given us a strong contender here.

PS I realise this is utterly tragic. But black humour is my best way of dealing with horrific things.

Countrygirl

Lets have an annual award for the stupidest ME recommendation by a doctor. I will give £5 to Invest in ME as the prize for the 2016 winner. I think Countrygirl's given us a strong contender here.

PS I realise this is utterly tragic. But black humour is my best way of dealing with horrific things.

This idea appeals to me. :)

Yep! Black humour has got me through more than 35 years of this vile disease.

hellytheelephant

Should I start a thread? - PR is usually quiet at Xmas time It will give us saddos something to do.

My threads usually die a horrible death:(
Personally, I am planning to spend much of this Christmas with the people I have shared much of this year with- that's my PR friends.:cake::wine::pill: ( gluten free, sugar free 'cake'/glass of Psillium husk, and opoids as needed- Woo woo- Lets get this parteee started!

Us saddos say:START THE THREAD!:thumbsup:

OverTheHills

OK I will give it a go unless anyone with a higher profile (whose threads do not die a horrid death:( neglected in a corner:cautious:) wants to instead.

I'll solicit categories and sponsors for other awards, using this one as an example. I think a funniest ppost of the year is another good thread and I can spare another £5 for that

But it will be later. Its Saturday morning here, I have to get up and do stuff.:eek:

Countrygirl

Personally, I am planning to spend much of this Christmas with the people I have shared much of this year with- that's my PR friends.:cake::wine::pill: ( gluten free, sugar free 'cake'/glass of Psillium husk, and opoids as needed- Woo woo- Lets get this parteee started!

Us saddos say:START THE THREAD!:thumbsup:

Me too helly!

My close family and friends have all died in quick succession recently and having been mostly housebound for 35 years I haven't been able to establish new relationships, so Christmas is spent on PR.

Countrygirl

@Countrygirl surely this is the sort of thing that should warrant a complaint to the GMC?

I am wondering about that too, @daisybell.

In fact, I have checked out the GMC web-site to make sure he is a licensed to practice, which he is. I cannot believe that they would approve of his recommendation. I am frankly astonished that he advised the patient to make contact with this woman...........and pay £200 for the privilege.

The patient is very ill and understandably desperate. In my opinion, he has taken advantage of a vulnerable person.