• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

increased frequency of urination treatment

I have had UTIs (urinary tract infection) for about three years. Antibiotics cleared it up but it kept recurring. yeah, for three years I was treated regularly with antibiotics, and until recently, no doctor had noticed that my urine culture showed no bacteria, I dont know what to do and what treatment should I take, and now I cut sugar out of my diet, I tried different home remedies with no success, is there any effective increased frequency of urination treatment..thanks for any help.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Polyuria can also be a symptom of Orthostatic Intolerance or Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome.

Mary

Moderator Resource
I have had UTIs (urinary tract infection) for about three years. Antibiotics cleared it up but it kept recurring. yeah, for three years I was treated regularly with antibiotics, and until recently, no doctor had noticed that my urine culture showed no bacteria, I dont know what to do and what treatment should I take, and now I cut sugar out of my diet, I tried different home remedies with no success, is there any effective increased frequency of urination treatment..thanks for any help.

I am prone to UTIs - one of my kidneys is weak. Several years ago I started taking a cranberry supplement daily and it's helped prevent UTIs from recurring. It may help with frequent urination too. I take 6 softgels a day (two 3 x day): https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-cranberry-180-sgels

Do you have problems with candida due to all the ABX? That's very bad for doctors to keep prescribing ABX when there is no infection. We have to be our own doctors in many ways and not rely on them to do the right thing.

Hip

for three years I was treated regularly with antibiotics, and until recently, no doctor had noticed that my urine culture showed no bacteria, I dont know what to do and what treatment should I take

See this post for recurrent UTI treatments.

is there any effective increased frequency of urination treatment.

Are you asking for treatments for recurrent UTI's, or for increased frequency of urination, or for both?

barbc56

There are so many medical conditions that could cause your symptoms that it might be a good idea to see a urologist for a complete work up. Especially, if you've had these symptoms for a long time.

Some supplements, prescription drugs and OTC medications can be harmful to your kidneys. This may or may not be related to what you are experiencing but it's good to be aware of these potential side effects.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2015/11/supplements-otcs-may-hurt-kidneys/

Good luck!

KME

Yes, there are drugs that treat increased frequency of urination, but it’s important to get an accurate diagnosis first as there are many different causes of this symptom. See a urologist. Drug-wise, it will depend on what the urologist determines the problem to be. For overactive bladder, for example, people might be put on Betmiga (mirabegron) or an anticholinergic.