• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Spin Media Centre FITNET Bingo - proceeds to IiME (mostly)

eafw

OK folks, as FITNET-gate rumbles on I think it is time to cash in.

So, from now until Christmas every time a piece of propaganda (take it as read this is all orchestrated by the SMC) appears in the mainstream press there are prizes for each instance (*) of the following:

conflation of CFS and ME ...................................... £1 to Invest in Me
"CBT can change your biology"...... ....................... £1
"we never said it was a psychological illness" ....... £1
sciency waffle to try and sound credible................. £1
hostile activists....................................................... £1

~won't somebody think of the chiiildren~ .............. £1 (plus bonus ! £1 to TYMES)

I'll keep a nice little chart, and staring with the article in New Scientist today we hit every single one, so that's £7 already.

(*) small print: will count one instance per article, up to a cap of £100 - or I'll be bankrupt !

eafw

Am adding 2 new categories to check off:

... claiming cure from null results ...
... "it's not one illness" ...

and upping the IiME payout for ~the children~

This gives a round £10

So adding in yesterday's (Nov 5th) EC interview on BBC radio Bristol - another full card - total £20 already.

eafw

And a bump to add : I've an idea how a modified version of this could be spread a bit wider as a fund-raising and publicity exercise.

*** Is there anyone who uses facebook who'd like to partner up on this ? *** (or MEAnetwork, idk if it's the sort of thing they host ?)

Jo Best

W
And a bump to add : I've an idea how a modified version of this could be spread a bit wider as a fund-raising and publicity exercise.

*** Is there anyone who uses facebook who'd like to partner up on this ? *** (or MEAnetwork, idk if it's the sort of thing they host ?)
I help to manage the facebook page of the Let's Do It for ME campaign in support of Invest in ME if that's any help?
https://www.facebook.com/ldifme/
This is the website (run by severe pwme) - http://ldifme.org/

eafw

OK, bit delayed but donations have now been made. Lost track somewhat so rounded up, at least proper ME research can benefit.

Screenshot from 2017-01-11 12:39:02.pngScreenshot from 2017-01-11 13:28:03.png

I help to manage the facebook page of the Let's Do It for ME campaign in support of Invest in ME if that's any help?

Thanks Jo, will get back to you on this shortly - just flying in and out for now.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-01-11 12:39:02.png
    Screenshot from 2017-01-11 12:39:02.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot from 2017-01-11 13:28:03.png
    Screenshot from 2017-01-11 13:28:03.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 9