• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best place on earth for CFS

Hello,

I am from Czech republic but I think and believe that it is not the best place for living with CFS becouse:

1. The winter is long and cold
2. No SEA
3. There are high temperature swings

And my question would be what do you think is the best place for CFS sufferer to live? I would like some place where:

1. It is sunny ideally even in winter
2. Not much crowdy
3. Not much air polution
4. Generally calm enviroment
5. It is cheap there
6. There is not big risk of exotic virals and bacteries
7. No risk of severe gut disbiosis

And generally not sure what exactly I am looking for but what do you think is the best? From my research it looks that the best would be Sri Lanka, Maldives or Carpe Verde or something like that?

What do you think?

Absolutely best would be if many people like me would live there and we all would be in community like our accentors lived hundreds of years ago with no depression, anxieties, CFS and such things :(.

Thank you for your opinions!

Bansaw

I'm thinking West Coast USA. Somewhere where the climate is pleasant most of the year round without being too humid.
East USA, maybe Virginia, slightly elevated up in the hills... ?

dadouv47

Somewhere with a ''micro climate'' in front of the sea. No big changes in temperatures, not too many wind and almost same weather all year ( closest to the equator).

I live in South of Brazil but I feel so much better when I go to the Northeast of Brazil. it's hot there but you don't feel it so much because of clean air, the sea and some places with a micro climate that are awesome without temperature changing /wind.

Last edited:

Thinktank

I'd think the south of Spain would fit nicely, although summers can get quite hot.
Perhaps California in the USA?

Sri Lanka etc. and other third world countries are really bad to live with ME/CFS or any other chronic disease.
- Bad healthcare, the majority of doctors there are very incompetent when compared to European standards.
- Tuberculosis, malaria, etc.
- Excessive use of pesticides and herbicides on produce, really toxic stuff! Difficult to find organic produce, and if there is some, it's probably not really organic or cross-contaminated with poisons from other farms.
- Food poisoning when eating out, hygiene standards are not like in Europe. There are lots of resistant bugs to be found in the countries you mentioned becuase of overprescription of antibiotics.
- Humid heat, most of us patients suffer from some sort of orthostatic intolerance and believe me, the humid heat is no joke.
- Lots of air / water / soil pollution because things there don't get filtered, because of corruption chemicals just get dumped.

trishrhymes

Depends whether this is fantasy or a genuine intention to move.

Trouble is, most places with ideal climates are either very expensive to live (California, Australia - and you need a lot of money or a job and a work permit) or very remote and without good healthcare (Pacific Islands etc.) or tropical and have problems with overcrowding and tropical diseases.

How about North Island New Zealand, Hawaii, any Mediterranean island...
Good luck!

viggster

Hawaii is generally expensive, although I moved here from another expensive place (Washington, D.C.) two years ago and now I pay less for rent. It's all relative I suppose... Someone coming from San Francisco or NYC might find Hawaii to have around the same cost of living. The climate here is pretty close to perfect - rarely hot and never cold. The north/east sides of all of the islands are rainy and wet much of the time, but the west/south sides are very dry - so it gives an opportunity to see if living in one or another micro-climate works better for you.

Neunistiva

And my question would be what do you think is the best place for CFS sufferer to live? I would like some place where:

1. It is sunny ideally even in winter
2. Not much crowdy
3. Not much air polution
4. Generally calm enviroment
5. It is cheap there
6. There is not big risk of exotic virals and bacteries
7. No risk of severe gut disbiosis

I live in coastal Croatia which fulfills most of those conditions, if not all. I eat mediterranean diet, cooked meals, no store bought food, 70% of days are sunny, warm mild climate, no big temperature fluctuations, clean air, no exotic diseases since it's middle of Europe...

and I have severe ME, I am bedbound after 7 years of illness. You can't escape this thing.

Depends whether this is fantasy or a genuine intention to move.

Trouble is, most places with ideal climates are either very expensive to live (California, Australia - and you need a lot of money or a job and a work permit) or very remote and without good healthcare (Pacific Islands etc.) or tropical and have problems with overcrowding and tropical diseases.

How about North Island New Zealand, Hawaii, any Mediterranean island...
Good luck!
These islands are quite cold in winter :(. I am now on Crete and it is not what I expect to be.But in summer it is fine there.

I need to spent time in winter definately somewhere. My nervous system is in fight or flight / anxieties etc. in winter all the time. I cant be there in winter definately.

Thank you