• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

QMSU Print News "Judge Dismisses QMUL’s Appeal, University Must Release PACE Data"

Yogi

Queen Mary Student Union (QMSU) student newspaper have followed up on PACE fraud. This will bring further attention to PACE trial at QMUL students and academic community!!

Judge Dismisses QMUL’s Appeal, University Must Release PACE Data
3rd October 2016 Anna Savage
After spending over £200,000 in legal fees, Queen Mary’s request to not release anonymised data from the PACE trial has been denied.

The controversy surrounding QMUL’s PACE trial deepens as the University’s appeal to prevent the release of raw data from the trail was rejected by a tribunal.

Read all of it here:

http://theprintnews.co.uk/2016/10/judge-dismisses-qmuls-appeal-university-must-release-pace-data/

Editor in Chief @ThePrintQM I

PLEASE GIVE THIS TRAFFIC AND THANK ANNA SAVAGE AND RETWEET HER STORY.

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
:wide-eyed:

Disappointing I'd say, presents QMUL's viewpoint but nothing about the harms caused by the PACE trial. She could at least have used some of the judge's scathing comments, she must have read them.

Did like her article about our friend Katie Hopkins though:

http://theprintnews.co.uk/2015/09/katie-hopkins-is-a-genius/

I read that first, and hoped that she would turn her talents on the BPS school, after all Wessely is just an educated Katie Hopkins. But then I read the PACE article and was disappointed that she failed to analyse what it all means (for patients) or go into more depth.

Yogi

The original article from January is still the most popular post on ThePrint's front webpage.

Put it in perspective, these are student volunteers at the student newspaper learning about journalism.

We cannot expect them to do a full scale investigation given the whole of Fleet Street failed and instead told lies on ME instead.

It's great this is now being reported on at QMUL and that should be welcomed.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/queen-mary-student-union-the-print.43944/

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
It's great this is now being reported on at QMUL and that should be welcomed.

I agree it is to be encouraged.

Put it in perspective, these are student volunteers at the student newspaper learning about journalism.

We cannot expect them to do a full scale investigation given the whole of Fleet Street failed and instead told lies on ME instead.

What an opportunity for an up-and-coming journalist the PACE story is. A gift, almost.

After all, it's been a gift for student statisticians ...