• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Concealed Causes of "Thyroid Resistance"

Jimbo39

@Gondwanaland. I'm still ruminating about fish oil. Could Michael Handel have been talking about poor quality fish oil (oxidized or rancid)? I take, or was taking, Nordic Naturals. Supposedly they go thro the most extensive refining process and are sampled for any oxidation.

Paralee

@Gondwanaland, I'm B6 toxic and I guess my doc doesn't think much about it. Actually, I don't know if my symtoms are from that only or a mixture with Cipro toxicity. Anyway, are you saying that B2 can sometimes help with the B6 toxicity? Thanks, I'm really looking for answers.

Gondwanaland

@Gondwanaland , thank you, I will see if it might help whatever it is I have. My B6 is at least 5 x normal. I can hardly walk or do anything.
It doesn't sound like you have serotonin syndrome.
Is it a neuropathy symptom? It might be B12, B9, B5 etc induced deficiency. Recently I read about what is needed to reverse neuropathy from B6 excess but now I forget what it was. @Lolinda do you remember what it was?

Paralee

@Gondwanaland , no I don't think it's seratonin syndrome, I probably don't have enough, but I can find out. It's genetic, I found something where it says on one of my reports "do not take b6", but I found it too late. It's neuropathy (some) and extreme fatique, eye wierd things going on, some air hunger, sort of like when I had hyperparathyroidism and then something like when I was Cipro'd. I've heard another B vitamin can help and I thought it was B2 so I will check further. Evidently my liver doesn't get it out or something. Thanks.

Edit: I do also have a snp that says I don't absorb B12. Well, evidently I do, probably some problem in using it, so I got a different B12. I need to get that checked again. It's like fighting a war getting tests run.

Paralee

I had that when I took a B complex with too high a dose of B6 (30mg). The only thing that helped me was Magnesium Oxide.

Mag oxide makes me lose my calcium....that's strange, though, there's a B6 forum on facebook that I thought someone said don''t take magnesium.

Gondwanaland

Mag oxide makes me lose my calcium....that's strange, though, there's a B6 forum on facebook that I thought someone said don''t take magnesium.
B6 works together with magnesium metabolism, while B5 works with calcium. They must be in balance in order to not shift it to calcium or magnesium.

When I took B6 for the 1st time and was low in magnesium it apparently caused a negative feedback and all the functions of B6 were blocked, for instance my serotonin was very low and food intolerances were high.

Paralee

B6 works together with magnesium metabolism, while B5 works with calcium. They must be in balance in order to not shift it to calcium or magnesium.

When I took B6 for the 1st time and was low in magnesium it apparently caused a negative feedback and all the functions of B6 were blocked, for instance my serotonin was very low and food intolerances were high.

Thanks @Gondwanaland , I will check that out.