• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is there any active UK forum?

RogerBlack

The several forums I found googling seem to be mostly or entirely moribund. Has everyone moved here?

Cheesus

The several forums I found googling seem to be mostly or entirely moribund. Has everyone moved here?

I guess they must have. I think you will find there are a lot of people here from the UK, and if you have any UK-specific questions about treatment options or whatever then you are sure to get a good response.

mermaid

There are 3 UK ME forums that I know of, and actually I belong to all 3 and am a moderator of one (very inactive so it's hardly a problem but I used to help on there with benefits issues at one time). However I would agree that none are anywhere near as active as PR or as well informed in terms of research.

That said, I did used to find the other forums supportive and for some years I steered clear of PR for the reason that it scared me stiff as everyone on here seemed to be operating at such a high level scientifically and I didn't feel that I could compete. I do think that PR has become a bit more user friendly over the years though so I come on here a lot more often.

Jan

M
There are 3 UK ME forums that I know of, and actually I belong to all 3 and am a moderator of one (very inactive so it's hardly a problem but I used to help on there with benefits issues at one time). However I would agree that none are anywhere near as active as PR or as well informed in terms of research.

That said, I did used to find the other forums supportive and for some years I steered clear of PR for the reason that it scared me stiff as everyone on here seemed to be operating at such a high level scientifically and I didn't feel that I could compete. I do think that PR has become a bit more user friendly over the years though so I come on here a lot more often.

Same as me, I feel a little intimidated by the IQ's and incredible amount of knowledge here, but they are a friendly bunch and we are all on the same side fighting a monumental battle. It's great to hear to hear the opinions and experiences of folk from other countries. I just wished my IQ hadn't fallen to the same level as my energy levels! It's taken me about 10mins to write this tiny paragraph :whistle::rofl:

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
I see you've just joined recently. Welcome! Although I'm from the US, I can assure you that there are many discussions here that are UK-specific. They relate to things like finding a good doctor, support group, the politics of medicine in the UK, the Department of Work and Pensions, the SMC, etc.

There are also a large number of members here from Australia, New Zealand, Canada and some from non-English countries such as France, Germany and Spain. So if you speak English, I think you've found a good place! And even if English is not your native language, you still might like the place.

It suddenly occurs to me that there are a lot of folks around here from south west UK... Cornwall, Devon, Dorset... what about Somerset?

Interesting... carry on folks!

Yes a few from the southwest. Posted on Foggy Friends (UK forum) we are meeting for lunch on Thursday in Somerset.
If you would like to join us please message me for details :)