• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Resource Lists for Doctors

Andrew

This thread stems from a discussion in another thread. This is a place for people to find and post resource lists for doctors. I'm going to post mine later. Feel free to offer suggestions.

This thread is not to be confused with the research section or the library. This is not a place to post every new study you find. It is a for complete resource lists that can be printed or emailed to doctors and suggestions for changes or improvement.

BEG

Great list, Andrew! In fact, I plan to use it very soon. I don't know if you can access it, but for point #3, inclusion of the NY Times article on XMRV could help also with credibility.

BE G

leelaplay

<sigh> I don't know the best way to do this. I'm tried to copy and paste the list into a message, but vBulletin truncated the links. So I uploaded a PDF and its links were not working. So now I'm trying another PDF.

Feedback on my list is welcome. I want to cover the important stuff, but without the list becoming too long. In fact, it might already be too long.

Thoughts?

the pdf worked for me. Thank you so much for this Andrew. I'll try to go over it in detail to see if I have any feedback, but after a quick first scan, it looks fantastic.

We'll give it some time to see + hopefully get free access to the full document, but the new Baraniuk looks like it might become a classic (see the thread for more juicy bits) and worth including.

'Xenotropic Murine Leukemia Virus-Related Virus in Chronic Fatigue
Syndrome and Prostate Cancer'
James N. Baraniuk
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep
DOI 10.1007/s11882-010-0106-2

http://www.springerlink.com/content/...786162c61&pi=0

Andrew

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't know which NY Times to look at. Also, I have not had a chance to do a decent read of the Baraniuk article yet. But I already made one change. After taking a closer look at the book on the list, I noticed that most of it is about rnase l. I think this is too narrow a focus for this list, especially considering the cost of the book. I think this kind of choice could create bad feelings about the list. Not to mention that WPI research has thrown some doubt into this area. So I removed the book and added link to a research article about rnase l.

I've uploaded the changed list.

BEG

"I don't know which NY Times to look at."

Andrew, it was on the OP-ED pages on Wed., Oct., 21, 2009. I believe it's also on the WPI website. I'll check around for you when I get freed up.

Andrew

Me again. Since I first posted my list I have made substantial changes to it. The recent feedback I got it that it is far superior to my first list, especially in terms of organization and presentation. Some content has changed too. I hope those of you who downloaded my earlier versions will look at where it is now. I think I've hit on something that removes the "overwhelm" problem it had before.

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/entry.php?398-educating-your-doctor-(and-you)