• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK ME/CFS Research Collaborative (CMRC) Annual Science Conference 2016

AndyPR

The third UK ME/CFS Research Collaborative (CMRC) Annual Science Conference is taking place on Wednesday 28 and Thursday 29 September 2016. To facilitate travel for speakers and visitors, the venue is the 3-star Novotel at Newcastle Airport, the same venue as 2015.

Download the latest 2016 CMRC conference programme (pdf).

While the full conference is primarily for researchers, other people – ME patients, their families, or members of the general public – are welcome to become associate members of the Collaborative, and thereafter apply for tickets to attend the associate members session on Wednesday 28th September. The aim of this associate members session is to enhance engagement between researchers and patients, and the format is likely to be similar to the highly successful workshop sessions during the CMRC conferences in 2014 and 2015. Registration details can be found here (read more).

Confirmed speakers, who have all benefitted funding from ME Research UK in the past, include:

• Dr David Patrick, University of British Columbia, Canada (read more)
  • Dr Sarah Knight, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute, Australia (read more)
  • Prof David Jones, Newcastle University, UK (read more)
  • Dr Jessica Van Oosterwijck, University of Antwerp (read more)
http://www.meresearch.org.uk/news/cmrc-conference-2016/

AndyPR

From AfME Facebook page
Tomorrow marks the first day of the third annual CMRC conference, which will be held on Wednesday 28 and Thursday 29 September 2016 at the Novotel, Newcastle Airport.

Our plan is to livestream as many of the research presentations as we can but please note not all researchers will consent to having their presentations streamed on the day. This is because some presentations contain research that has not yet been published.

You can watch the livestream starting from 9.30am on Wednesday 28 via the Action for M.E. USTREAM page at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/w9gF6Ps3Nkd

Recordings of the livestream will be uploaded to our YouTube channel at a later date. In the event of technical problems stopping us from livestreaming, we will record the presentations and upload them to YouTube instead.

Action for M.E. is not able to provide technical support to individuals who experience problems connecting to USTREAM on the day.

Simon

Today's programme, livestreaming from 9.30am here